Reptile Forums banner

Leopard gecko morphs/sex

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Danimxz1179 
#1 ·
Hello guys! I've got two leopard geckos and I'm trying to find out their morphs and their sex. Could you help me, please?
Ps: The white one has some problems with parasites and he's under treatment, but if you look at his tail, it is quite strange, I mean, the last part. It is like that since he shed. Oh, and I've got it that skinny and I'm quite scared about the size of his tail, it is just thin as hell. How can I fed him since he's not eating?

See less See more
#2 ·
They both look very skinny, and that tail kink at a guess would be MBD, but I'm not an expert.

At a guess, first is a Hypo, second is a Blazing Blizzard.

Reactions: tremerz97
#3 ·
Thank you for your fast answer.
I've got them for like 3 weeks. The first one was way skinnier, but he managed to get some grams. Anyway, is there any chance for the second one to have a genetic problem? I've seen on some forums/sites "tons" of blizzards and blazing blizzards with a kinked tail.
I hope that this isn't considered an adv.
Bell Blazing Blizzard Leopard Geckos For Sale - Awesome, Beautiful Leopard Geckos!
In this photos, you can see some geckos with that kind of tail.

#4 ·
It could be. I have no experience with this morph, so I'd wait for someone who owns one to come along.

My gecko's tail occasionally sits similarly to the site you showed me, but never for prolonged/permanent amounts of time.

#5 ·
It looks like a small kink on the little blizzard, it might be down to his lack of nutrition and go as he recovers, or he might always have it.
It could also be an old injury, he may have been bitten on the tip of his tail at some point.

#6 ·
I hate seeing leo's so skinny.
But well done on your part for knowing that they are skinny and doing something about it.:thumb:

I don't know about best brands but you can get things like repti boost.

#7 ·
Some updates:
In my town, there's only one vet able to face a reptile, but he's on vacantion :banghead:
He'll be back next week, and I'm thinking about going in another town with the white gecko, but the nearest big town is 300-400 km away.
The gecko is pooping and it looks normal, except the fact that he's like a pen :blush: All this time, he had only mealworms and I'm thinking that he might not like them, so tomorrow i'll buy some cinerea, dubia and a couple of blatta lateralis, to test. Since he's at me, I mean for like 3 weeks he shed on time, and the yellow one two times, the 2nd time was yesterday :2thumb:
A couple of nights ago, I used a red light to see if he's doing anything and he was running like crazy, so he's quite active :lol2:
Oh, in case that you need some infos about the terrarium, they are like 45x45x30, 32C at the hot zone, thanks to a light, 26C at the cold one, paper towels at substrate, water source for a bath :blush:, three hides and one with high humidity.
Ps: Sorry for my english, but you can't request too much for a 16 y/o guy from a foreign country :whistling2:
Oh, and I've got some private messages, but it seems that I can't send the message back.

Have a nice day,
Dani!

#8 ·
Just popped in to mention that some geckos are born with a kink on the tail from how it was positioned in the egg. I own a beautiful RWBB who was born with a kink just like that. Also have an adult female APTOR that was also born with one. Neither have, not have ever had, MBD in their lives. And definitely have never suffered from malnutrition xD the APTOR is a fattie.

Are you keeping them together or separate?

#9 ·
No, I keep them sparate, but they have the same conditions. Oh, and they can't see eachother through the terrariums since one side is covered with black paper. Well, I hope that the tail isn't genetic, but even if it is, it won't bother me that bad as long as it won't hurt my baby :lol2: and since I'll keep the future babies for me, and even if I'll have to sell some, I'll tell them about the parents tail. You know, this hobby isn't quite popular in my country, and I don't want to make it less than it is.

Ps: I'm really happy that your animals are fat and healthy :whistling2: ! It hurts to see that your animal is "starving"...

#10 · (Edited)
Bad news, guys!
Five minutes ago, I checked the gecko and I realised that he has diarrhea :sad:
I won't be able to see a vet until next week since he's not in town, but anyway, how am I supposed to take the fecal samples? I mean, they must be fresh, or what? :blush:

Update: I checked him again, and he just vomited.. Damn! Monday I'll take him to a vet from another town, I just need to take samples. Can;t wait anymore..

#12 ·
Guys, I'm really disappointed... The vet told me that the gecko has parasites, but he gave me a tablet for dogs/cats, called Pratel. It's like one tablet for 10 kilograms, but my gecko has like 10-15 grams :bash:
I used this tablet on my boa long time ago, but he has 5 kilograms, not 15 grams...
Do you think that I should give my gecko a small, small, small, small, very small piece of tablet? Ps: The vet told me that I won't find something for reptiles better than this.

Oh, and I found some infos:

1 tablet contains 144 mg pyrantel embonate and 50 mg praziquantel. Pratel is tablets are light yellow in color, round shape with beveled edges and cruciate incision on one side. Packed in blisters of 10 tablets, which put on a blister or blisters in 10 cardboard box.

#15 ·
Victory!

Long time no see guys! The gecko lost 3 grams in one day after I gave him that tablet, so I was desperate and I smashed some mealworms, I mixed them with water and calcium and I force fed him. I did this one time, and after that day he started to eat again. One day after, I put 10 small mealworms in the worm dish and he ate 5! My face was like :gasp:
Yesterday he shed, and he is very active and friendly. No more diahreea, no more starving and no more mealworms in the worm dish : victory:
No more worries for my little dragon :naughty:
Oh, guys I'm buying a sunglow and a raptor and based of the pictures, is it possible to tell me the sex of my reptiles? I don't wanna get 3 males :lol2:
Thank you!

#16 · (Edited)
: victory:well done mate, thats good news!!

re the tail kink, it can also be caused by changes in incubation temps. Its not a genetic thing with blazing blizzards to my knowledge. We produced several stunning examples last year and none had kinks, nor do the parents, nor indeed the grandparents.
good luck
viz

#17 ·
You really need better quality pictures for us to determine the sex 100% I would say at a guess both female but then again they are also extremely skinny in the pictures which also does not help.

You mentioned getting a male, If you are considering pairing them I would strongly recommend giving them a very long time before doing so to allow them to gain the appropriate weight and age,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.