Reptile Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Not to sound nasty but quarantining is a good step for this reason. By keeping any new animal seperate for at least 3-6 weeks you manage to see what their feeding habits are, how often they poop and shed. Also if she's carrying any diseases, your existing leo now has the same thing.

As for not eating, it could be intimidation by the existing gecko. It is her viv the new one's been put into and if she's a healthy eater she may have the lions share. If you can I would suggest seperating the new one into a viv of her own, at least for the meantime, so you can get her eating properly. Otherwise the existing one may pick up on this behaviour and could start bullying her for more food.

But it could also be getting used to the environment. It can take any amount of time, I had a leo who wouldn't settle for two months, she rarely ate but I just kept offering her the food and eventually she settled and now she's happy :) It's harder to adjust to a new environment when you've got another gecko there because it's scary.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.