Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my loes poo doesn't look very healthy .

what do you think?

im concerned about him.

his 3 months old and he eats standard mealworms.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry but i just put the poo :gasp: in the bin :bash:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was a dark yellow color and looked like a mealworm

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Was it a browny colour like the pic shows or is that just the pic quality, have you seen one like this before, was there any hair in it if you have any furry pets in the house, what has your gecko been eating and how often.

This may help us gain an idea of whether or not it is unhealthy.

Also what are the temps in the hot and cold side?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Does it have undigested bits of bug in? Is it soft? Smelly?

The colour doesn't sound fantastic but from what I could make out the shape seemed fine and I think there was a dollop of urate....

If you're worried a vet might be the best for this kinda thing. Their poo can vary a lot dependent on food, if they've shed, amount of supliment etc it can also vary due to parasites though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ye its like a brown ish yellow color and i have a dog that i keep him well away lol :whip: and he eats mealworms

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
well did u see any hair in the poo and give us an update on the next poo as this might give us an idea if it is an ongoing problem or not but a faecal sample is your best bet

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a little smelly and i think i can see a mealworm shell and its hard and not wet

the temps are 92oF on the hot side and 70oF on the cold side

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THERE is no hair in it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats a feacal sample

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
its when you give your reptile vet the poo to test it for say worms and they will test it and give the results back to you and the word faecal comes from the word faecies meaning poo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i look at his tummy and it was a dark color??

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
leos sometimes pass pale/lighter coloured poop/feaces after shedding and eating the shed skin ~ however if you are worried or the leo is giving cause for concern then the best thing really is to have it feacal checked for any parasites Pinmore Animal Labs provides a reasonably priced test and are worth contacting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts