Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as part of my course I have to either design and website or interactive CDR so I decided to make one on leopard gecko, could any leopard gecko owners please fill out the following questionair, just copy and paste and highlight the answers in red please. Thanks Daz
:2thumb::

Leopard gecko questionnaire

This questionnaire is for consumers who have purchased leopard geckos in the past, please refer to your first experience in purchasing your lizard.

• What products did you purchase your Leopard gecko with?

ON ITS OWN (ALREADY HAD EQUIPMENT

IN STARTER KIT WITH ALL NEEDED EQUIPMENT

ON ITS OWN (ALREADY HAD EQUIPMENT FROM PREVIOUSLY
 OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

• Why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

• When you purchased your Leopard gecko did you feel there was enough sources of information e.g .care sheets etc

YES
 NO

a. What sources of information were provided or what would you have liked to have been provided with?

FACT SHEET
 CAREBOOK
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD
 PROFESSIONAL EXPLINATIONS
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

• For an interactive CD for Leopard gecko care which of the following topic would you like to see?

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 LEOPARDS IN GENERAL INFORMATION
 HISTORY OF LEOPARD GECKOS
 HIND TYPES
 GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 TYPES EXPLAINED (E.G. HYPOS ETC)
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

• How important is interaction to you on such a care CD?

EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
 VERY IMPORTANT
 IMPORTANT
 NITHER IMPORTANT/NON IMPORTANT
 UNIMPORTENT
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND GOOD LUCK WITH ALL LIZARDS J

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

This questionnaire is for consumers who have purchased leopard geckos in the past, please refer to your first experience in purchasing your lizard.

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
My first gecko was bought from a shop with 2ft vivarium and all accessories!…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………….
  • A friend of mine had geckos and regularly sent me pictures of them, at first I thought they were freaky little animals but I soon fell for their beauty and charm and needed some of my own :)…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………..
  • When you purchased your Leopard gecko did you feel there was enough sources of information e.g .care sheets etc
 YES
 NO

a. What sources of information were provided or what would you have liked to have been provided with?

FACT SHEET
 CAREBOOK
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
The shop were good to me but unforunately did sell me stuff that was useless to me and the gecko, so it wouldn't hurt for shops to re-research what they preach!………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………

• For an interactive CD for Leopard gecko care which of the following topic would you like to see?
 VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES……I think snippets of all that information would be great, the one thing that would be nice to point out to new owners is the vast range of choices to be made when setting up your new vivarium, i.e. the frequent substrate debate..………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
 EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
 VERY IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT
 UNIMPORTENT
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi, as part of my course I have to either design and website or interactive CDR so I decided to make one on leopard gecko, could any leopard gecko owners please fill out the following questionair, just copy and paste and highlight the answers in red please. Thanks Daz

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

• Why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko?there cute and easy to look after
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

YES
 NO

FACT SHEET
CAREBOOK
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
 VERY IMPORTANT
 IMPORTANT
 UNIMPORTENT
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,376 Posts

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
Bought with faunarium, already had bark and fake plants
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………….
My boyfriend at the time kept loads and I grew more interested in them. After lots of research and asking him tonnes of questions, he went with me to get my first.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………..
YES
 NO

FACT SHEET (provided)
 CAREBOOK (provided)
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD (didn't want)
 PROFESSIONAL EXPLINATIONS (spelt explainations)(provided)
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES…
What's hind types? All of the above are good ways of introducing how to look after the gecko.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
 EXTERMELY IMPORTANT (extremely)
 VERY IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT
 NITHER IMPORTANT/NON IMPORTANT (spelt neither)
 UNIMPORTENT (importAnt)
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

With the CD now I've come to think about it, you could have little games about what to have in the viv or how to notice problems. Think of Zoo Tycoon or something, have a virtual gecko and if you can make it happy through the advice on the CD then it would prepare you for the real thing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Leopard gecko questionnaireThis questionnaire is for consumers who have purchased leopard geckos in the past, please refer to your first experience in purchasing your lizard.
  • What products did you purchase your Leopard gecko with? IN STARTER KIT WITH ALL NEEDED EQUIPMENT

Easy to care for, beginner reptile, attractive.

YESa. What sources of information were provided or what would you have liked to have been provided with? FACT SHEET CAREBOOK PROFESSIONAL EXPLINATIONS
 VIRARIUM SETUP BREEDING INFORMATION LEOPARDS IN GENERAL INFORMATION HISTORY OF LEOPARD GECKOS OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
How important is interaction to you on such a care CD?IMPORTANT

·
Registered
692 Posts
  •  ON ITS OWN (ALREADY HAD EQUIPMENT
  •  IN STARTER KIT WITH ALL NEEDED EQUIPMENT
  •  ON ITS OWN (ALREADY HAD EQUIPMENT FROM PREVIOUSLY
  •  OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
  • Why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko? My sister owns a snake and cham and I wanted a reptile of my own.After reseaching a Leopard gecko best suited me and the are so cute and come in a massive range of morphs so plenty to choose from
     YES
     NO

FACT SHEET
     CAREBOOK
     INTERACTIVE CARE CD
     OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
    The internet and the people on RFUK
     VIRARIUM SETUP
     FEEDING TIPS
     GENERAL CARE TIPS
     BREEDING INFORMATION
     HIND TYPES
     INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
     FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES
  • OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)
     EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
     VERY IMPORTANT
     IMPORTANT
     UNIMPORTENT
     VERY UNIMPORTENT
     EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

Hope it helps

·
Registered
330 Posts

• why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko?
Handled a friend's Leo and thought they were lovely, gentle animals. Very suitable for a disabled person as they don't need exercising!
 YES - I had researched thoroughly before I purchased, on the RFUK forum, talking to our local rep shop and through buying several books on the animal.

No specific information provided by the breeder, however we had a long chat on the day and she provided online help and advice after I got the leo home.

VIVARIUM SETUP  FEEDING TIPS  GENERAL CARE TIPS  BREEDING INFORMATION  LEOPARDS IN GENERAL INFORMATION  HISTORY OF LEOPARD GECKOS
 GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY  INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE

NEITHER IMPORTANT/NON IMPORTANT
[/quote]

·
Registered
294 Posts

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
Kind of starter kit bought from private seller had most of what i needed but not all.…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………….

First lizzard knew they would be a good start plus they are cute and come in many diff morphs

When you purchased your Leopard gecko did you feel there was enough sources of information e.g .care sheets etc

YES
 NO

FACT SHEET
 CAREBOOK
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD
OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)

The person i bought him from gave me advice on how she had kept him

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES……………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)

A Bit of all the above paying care attention to point out the variety of choice and diff oppions around products I.E substrate. In my expreince all but 1 petshop i have gone to have tried to sell me some sort of sand and even though 3 of the shops stocked the same product none of them suggested the same all went for the most expensive lol sorry for going on i'll shut up now lmao.
How important is interaction to you on such a care CD?

EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
 VERY IMPORTANT
 IMPORTANT
 UNIMPORTENT
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

·
Registered
132 Posts

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN)
In a starter kit

Why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko?

Easy to keep. Pretty darn awesome

YES

CAREBOOK
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 FAQ (PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES……………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………………
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………Everything………………………………………………………………

IMPORTANT

·
Registered
31,364 Posts

OTHER (PLEASE EXPLAIN) brought the stuff a little whiele before - and grandad made a viv
  • Why did you wish to own or purchase a Leopard gecko? my brother had a reptile brithday and i saw a leopard gecko and loved it from then on - i was 6
 YES
 NO but this was probably because i was only 9 and didnt really look - i had a book thats alk

FACT SHEET
 CAREBOOK
 INTERACTIVE CARE CD
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) none of the above, but woudl of liekd the above,

VIRARIUM SETUP
 FEEDING TIPS
 GENERAL CARE TIPS
 BREEDING INFORMATION
 HIND TYPES
 INFECTION/INJURY ADVICE
 OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) ………………………………………all of the above and hwo to make an incubator.……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
 EXTERMELY IMPORTANT
 VERY IMPORTANT
 IMPORTANT tick
 UNIMPORTENT
 VERY UNIMPORTENT
 EXTREMELY UNIMPORTENT

thank you!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts