Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello need some advice two of my geckos have unshed on their toes i have bathed there feet in luke warm water and lost of tissue and used a cotton bud to gently try and remove the shed.

So far most have come off but two of them wont i was wondering if there is anything else that can be used ive heard of a product called shed ease has anyone used this or had any experiece with it ?

Im getting quite concerned now as i dont want toes to start falling off

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
iv not used shed ease myself but iv herd its goog.one of my leos have really bad sheds around their feet in paticular.i usually get a small tub of some sort,put a bit of cotten wool in there and fill it with luke warm water so it comes up to the geckos knees but so they dont swim of corse.then just leave em for about 10 min and try again with the cotten wool but make sure you wet it.Also have you got a moss hide in their viv?just keep it on the heat mat for a bit and all together it should come off.If you still have trouble try adding a bit of sugar to the water.for some reason this seemed to help mine shed a lot easyier when i was bathing them.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well I have already said my piece to you so...Im sorry I couldn't be of more help to you :( :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts