Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a leopard gecko and i was wondering if i could put her on wood chippings i got in a baby snake beginner kit i think its exo terra they have quiet i smelly odour but no to bad, they arnt big enough for her to swallow.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,637 Posts
I use lino for all of my Leo vivs. Slate and tiles are also excellent. Paper and repticarpet are good. Wood chips are just about the worst substrate you can use for a Leo. They pose a huge impaction risk (there are several threads on here - use the search button) and are IMO unhygienic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
and what ever you do DO NOT use sand as you leo can eat it and he cant pass it (poop it out) and can hurt and evan kill your leo so sand is not a good thing to use.

theres a link why sand is not good!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
i dont like repti-carpet personally. loose threads etc can be annoying to you and the gecko

i also prefer wipe clean flooring. you can get end of line tiles from your local shop and lino from any flooring place. havent used lino yet, but planning on it for a new viv

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
pop into a floorin shop for lino, you can get off cuts free, or I kitted out 4 2ft vivs for 2 squids, got the lino off the young lad in the shop and gave him money for a pint :2thumb: Simples ;)
Just wash the lino and hang it over the radiator for a few days to get rid of the fumes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts