Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here. My leopard gecko just yesterday dive bombed from my hands. The height was about 4.5 feet, and right onto tile. I'm worried because she recently went to the vet and is on antibiotics for possible respiratory infection. She seems fine, but earlier today I noticed her opening her mouth very wide, almost like she was trying to throw up? She wasn't yawning, thats for sure. Soon after she did it about 5 or 6 times, she violently shook her head back and forth for about 3 seconds and went back to closing her eyes. She hasn't moved much since yesterday, and I'm afraid she might've broken a rib. No scratches or bleeding that I can see. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32,935 Posts
Hello, I'm new here. My leopard gecko just yesterday dive bombed from my hands. The height was about 4.5 feet, and right onto tile. I'm worried because she recently went to the vet and is on antibiotics for possible respiratory infection. She seems fine, but earlier today I noticed her opening her mouth very wide, almost like she was trying to throw up? She wasn't yawning, thats for sure. Soon after she did it about 5 or 6 times, she violently shook her head back and forth for about 3 seconds and went back to closing her eyes. She hasn't moved much since yesterday, and I'm afraid she might've broken a rib. No scratches or bleeding that I can see. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Keep an eye n her for the next few days. If she doesn't improve, she might have to go back to the vet. In future, never handle any reptile from a standing position, with the exception of snakes which are less likely to jump or fall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep an eye n her for the next few days. If she doesn't improve, she might have to go back to the vet. In future, never handle any reptile from a standing position, with the exception of snakes which are less likely to jump or fall.
will do, thanks! 😊

1 - 3 of 3 Posts