Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a leopard gecko called Chui, she was born on the 30th of May and i got her on the 9th of August. She is kept on brown paper laid flat as a substrate and her hot end is about 32C. She has a moist hide and two others. When i first got her she wasn't eating for about 1 or 2 weeks but now she eats fine and i provide her with a bowl of mealworms and feed her 6-8 medium locusts every other day. She poops regularly. She seems quite active (she doesn't tend to hide, is always out during the day and night) but i have noticed that her tail is not fat like it should be. Her legs and body seem chunkier now than when i got her but her tail is still thin. Do you think she may have a problem with digestion or something or am i not feeding her enough? It's just i had a gecko before and he died from a parasite infection so i'm just really anxious to make sure she is well and i'm doing everything right. She's not skinny anywhere else except her tail. I also noticed the other day behind her front leg (almost her armpit) there was what looked like a hole :O What could this be? Or do i just have really bad eyesight and it's just a big spot? It doesn't look raw, there's nothing coming out of it but i can't get a very close look because she's still really bad with handling.
Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Hiya hun,

Can you post a pic of her so we can see what she looks like weight wise?

Diet and set up sounds fine.

And all leos have "holes" in their armpits, its just a dimple - don't worry!

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,602 Posts
It sounds as if everything is ok but a pic of her would help. If her tail is very thin but she still has a big belly then it is possible that she has parasites. As you have already lost one to parasites why don't you get a faecal check done on her, to put your mind at ease. These guys are very good www.palsvetlab.co.uk
I get all my newcomers tested as a routine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, how do you post photos on this? I've only got one photo of her and it's not too clear but if anyone could tell me how i'll try posting it and see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
You need to host the pic first on photobucket or imageshack or flickr.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, i don't have any of those...would i be able to just put it on my page on this and direct y'all to look at it there? Cause that would be so much easier and less time consuming lol
Oh and btw the picture of her on my pets page banner thing is not actually her, it's my other one that died, i just needed a picture.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Upload it to your album on here then i could post it to the forum for you so everybody could have a look :2thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks i'll do that but won't be till tomorrow now because my dad being very irritating has deleted the picture off the computer because it was a bad picture and so now he's like just take another one but her lights off and i don't wanna be disturbing her right now by putting it on or using flash 'cause she's already in a mood with me 'cause i had to get some stuck shed off her and got water in her eye *oops* so i'll just have to do it tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
yeah stick it in your album!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay so there is now a picture of Chui in her album on my page. Sorry it took so long but hopefully now y'all can see her weight and condition.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really? So her tail doesn't look thin to you? If everyone else thinks so i guess i'm just a bit of a worrier...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
yup looks fine, think you are bit of a worrier :lol2:

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Yep shes fine, her tail will get fatter as she grows :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yey! : victory: Thanks everyone for confirming i'm just a hypochondriac :blush: I'd just seen pictures of ones younger than mine that seemed to be fatter so was like ahh! Anyway, well that's good then :2thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts