Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Leo is in a 30"x12"x18" tank and its pretty boaring.
I have some rocks that i was going to use for my fish but can i use them for his tank? (some are a bit scraggady, not sharp but rough)
Also is there any sand i can use in his tank that is SAFE? (paper towels dont look very ... nice)
The tank is glass, should i put a background on it?
and should i use some fake plants?

Thank you

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine just has a load of bark hides in diff places some fake plants on one side awayfrom heat lamp and across the roof. I have just ordered some air plants to go in there and i use some pellet things that just pass through the body if eaten when they get wet they go like a mussy weatabix made from wheat something or other i think lol although i have used and may go back to a stone effect lino which looked pretty good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have bought some lino too, but its like a lamanated floor lol, but its good i geuss. lino is at an advantage because you can get some particular makes tht look quite natural and you can make it look quite effective. plus its easy to clean.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thats one of the main reasons i went for it tbh whip it it out clean it put it back. Also the issue of impactation isn't an issue and more lol specially with young geckos. The only thing i was concerned with was when i come to breed would the lino have any effect as in nott being "natural" enough?

·
Registered
461 Posts
wouldnt you have like a special hide for them to lay their eggs in? or do they just lay them in the moist hide?

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Sand wont make a difference to breeding at all
Sand is not safe for leos as babies or juvis at all they would need to be well over a yr old before even putting them on sand
I still wouldnt risk it considering that adults can still die from impactation!

They tend to lay their eggs in their moist hide

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a moist hide in and would put a special one for laying but wasn't sure if she would prefare to dig to lay them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts