Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 5 month old leopard gecko. I have been feeding him primarily small dubia roaches and meal worms. A couple of days ago he threw up some partly digested mealworms and he hadn't been pooing as regular. Although this morning he had done a relatively sizable poo.
His temps are warm enough, his warm end it 32C with a heat mat and thermostat attached, there's never any undigested mealworms in his poo or anything. I read somewhere i could be parasites so i took a picture of his poo to see what other people think.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
The poop looks normal to me, he might have eaten too much and just been a bit sick.
If you're worried about parasites the only way to find out is to get his poop checked by a vet or by PALS.

·
Grinning Gecko
3,662 Posts
As above but I would also be tempted to turn the warm end temps up to 33c. Are you measuring temperature with a digi thermometer or going by the dial on the stat? The temps on stat dials are only a guide you need to calibrate against a good thermometer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As above but I would also be tempted to turn the warm end temps up to 33c. Are you measuring temperature with a digi thermometer or going by the dial on the stat? The temps on stat dials are only a guide you need to calibrate against a good thermometer.
thanks for the replies. ill turn it up a notch then and take it to 33c. I use a digital thermostat and a digital thermometer. Although i go by the thermometer reading and then adjust the thermostat accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.