Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi,

I have tried four of my leopard geckos on them and not one likes them or even considers tyign to eat one.

I have heard though that it is very good for them especially when coated in calcium.

Hope this helps

James

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
only way most will eat pinkies is if they are alive when fed...the pinkies that is :) (not for me personally would feel sorry for it..)

the only other way you could try is if your leo will hand feed get a waxworm and put it on the back of a pinkie holding the 2 together.. when they go for the waxworm push the pinkie forward and they will eat that instead..it does work but it can take some practice!!

pinkies are great as they are a whole package. they can lack calcium though as the bones are not fully developed so dip the rump in calcium.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My breeding Leos took pinkies last year during the breeding season no problems. They seemed to enjoy them, they took them like they did waxworms and mealworms, no provoking needed :lol: I guess I was lucky with mine, they would eat anything :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Mine loves the odd pinkie but they are very very fatty and really and truely should only be fed once a month minimum. I normally give one every 2-3 months when I have them left over.

People use these on females that have just laid to get there weight back up. I've used them to bring my female beardie back upto weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts