Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i got me 2 female Geckos which are about 3 and 4 months old the youngest one is stripy and called Sandy and the other one is called Rocky right when i got them home the viv had been all set up and heat settings where all right (been testing for a few weeks). right the main problem is that Sandy is not eating or going after crickets in fact ild say hes scared of them, i tried to put him in a different box to feed and he did take one cricket from my hand but would not chase any, she also just hides in the most box and when she is out all she tries to do is climb the glass viv as if trying to get out. The other one is great feeding well is very adventurous and has been from day one. is this normal for some new geckos or what could i do. :bash:

·
Registered
13,796 Posts
they could still be settling in from moving house, plus a lot of breeders feed mealworms, maybe the leo hasnt seen crix before?
try leaving a shallow bowl of gutlaoded dusted mealies in there, count 10 or so in the bowl so you can see if any have been taken......

you can try other feeders too, small hopper or roaches etc, just aviod waxworms for now

some leos just do not like co-habiting either, and the one may bully the other, see how they go, be prepared that you may have to spilt them at short notice if they start to fight.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My geckos seem to go off crickets every so often even tho all the live food is gutloaded with the same stuff. But they have always loved hoppers, i think they are easier for them to catch so it may be that my girls are quite lazy! They always have the mealies as a staple and i try a couple of crickets every feeding time just removing them if they dont eat them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts