Reptile Forums banner

leopard geckos so boring

Tags
gecko
16K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  leopard gecko 23456 
#1 ·
leopard geckos must be the one lizard, that's a bore. in cave all day at night same, lol, might get a owl

#3 ·
I think it has more to do with them being extremely common, somehow (and don't ask me because I don't get the whole rarer = better) that makes them undesirable. :p

In all honesty, I've never owned a Leo so I wouldn't be able to tell, but they look stunning.

#6 ·
Spot on!:D
go on take a shot! lol

In all seriousness though (to the OP),
What kind of setup do you have? maybe something's a miss? Maybe you need to make his/her environment more mentally/physically stimulating? If they are not active when they are supposed to be then there MAY be a problem...

Or, maybe Leo's AREN'T for you,
is it your first?
Do you have any other reptiles?
What exactly are you looking for in a lizard/reptile/pet?

All valid questions and maybe you should be asking yourself them...
Because if you have become bored of your pet than this can lead to disinterest in upkeep and COULD lead to neglect...and we don't want this, not one bit:)

#7 ·
I must say I feel the same, very sweet to look at but they never did much,We got them for our son,but because they were always sleeping so to say, we rehomed them, Now cresty they are fun to watch,

Hxx

#36 ·
TOTALLY agree, re-homed my leos too because they were boring whoops I mean they weren't for me or I was doing something wrong LOL

But cresties they're FAB love watching them and enjoy interacting with them too, wonderful little creatures I could easily have millions :flrt:

#11 ·
Surely you knew this before you got the gecko? Mine is fine, sleeps alot during the day but still quite active during day and night. what set up do you have?

#12 ·
You know I love my Leos. But if I am honest they are often not the most active of lizards. And just like any animal (or person for that matter) some have less "personality" than others. Some of my Leos do little more than eat and sleep. Others are so full of personality they keep me amused for hours. To say that they are all boring is wrong IMO. But that is just my opinion. There are some types of lizard that I can't quite "take to" either.

#15 ·
must admit i don think there boring either mines is very active and i see her for hours druing while basking under her uv and theres always food of some sort in there for her to chase down throughout the day and all night she does is climb about even attepmts to climd the glass

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
leopard geckos must be the one lizard, that's a bore. in cave all day at night same, lol, might get a owl
Do u have 1
if yes, then you need to get your facts right do some research like what the :censor: out of all the lizards in the world you decided to make a thread on, how you think geckos are boring, seriously.

if no then you are obviously the bore to ur gecko and the tank you have it in is :censor: you need to malke it more exiting like a big rock so it can lie on it and you can see it :gasp: that would be fascinating for you wouldnt it

geckos arent like dogs or cats you dont roll about and play with them and dont expext the gecko to be running round the tank and doing hopscoth they r a nocturnal animal and you should give them respect for that.

regards

#19 ·
Do u have 1
if yes, then you need to get your facts right do some research like what the :censor: out of all the lizards in the world you decided to make a thread on, how you think geckos are boring, seriously.

if no then you are obviously the bore to ur gecko and the tank you have it in is sh:censor:t you need to malke it more exiting like a big rock so it can lie on it and you can see it :gasp: that would be fascinating for you wouldnt it

geckos arent like dogs or cats you dont roll about and play with them and dont expext the gecko to be running round the tank and doing hopscoth they r a nocturnal animal and you should give them respect for that.

regards
Calm down mate no need to be rude

#20 ·
Leos are like having a nan.

They poo and wee everywhere and then you have to clean it up as they sleep.
i dont see why you take it so negative

i love cleaning my geckos, and holding them watching them when they r awake and when they are asleep i admire my geckos you obviously see it as a chore if you have one wich it looks like you do the way you no so much about them then you should pass it on to someon who doesnt take it as a chore.

#18 ·
I must admit I struggle with geckos in general I do like fan footed geckos and tokays and I think many other species like cresties and day geckos are stunning but I don't think ill ever own a gecko. This doesn't make them boring just not somethinh that catches my attention maybe your the same? Ive kept skinks, anoles frogs terrapins inverts amd nothing has ever excited me more than agamas although I'm quite fond of monitors

#23 ·
what on earth are you talking about?
Who takes what as a chore....i thought we had already established the humour being portrayed here......lets stop being a menopausal Mandy and cheer up hey?

Also i breed alot of things i enjoy....hence enjoying my job

#25 ·
Again, I don't own Leos, but just had a random thought. Considering they are nocturnal, would it be possible to fool them to think the day is night and vice versa?

As in, turning up the temperatures and lights at night and turn off the lights during the day?

/random

#35 ·
Really guys does every thread have to turn into a bashing ? :bash:

Ive found that my Leo's are the least bit active but i still love them. Ive just got them a 4 foot viv to see if that makes them more spontanious during the day or night but i wont hold my breath lol

#39 ·
Really guys does every thread have to turn into a bashing ? :bash:
For the life of me I can't see where there is any "bashing" - can anyone else? - is it just me being thick?

I thought most of us were just good-naturedly joshing.

#44 ·
its true they arent all action adventure but i love the very bones of my isabella she is divine. introducing the odd new bit of bark , plant ,hide box etc keeps things interesting for her , maybe have a couple u interchange ? im not saying turn their whole habitat upside down on a regular basis however as this may cause distress ! whilst waiting for ur leo to do something u could amuse yourself no end with spray foam, tuppaware boxes ,polystyrene and grout to make multi storey caves/hides to play in/on (the leo not you...lol)
alternatively re-home him and get a cheeky beardy !

#55 ·
i would never call my leo boring!
when ever im in the room i can always look over to him staring at me with "nom nom" eyes.:mf_dribble:
all the other leos iv had havnt been as excitable as him , but i wouldnt have swapped them for anything else.:no1:

#56 ·
ive only had my leo for about 3 weeks and she now comes out in the day and she is out all night. I love watching her hunt locusts and they are great to handle they always seem to make a bee line to lay on the back of your neck.

We now have a beardie also so that entertains us in the day and then when it's lights out for her we have the leo for entertainment.

@ op if you want a none boring pet get a dog lol. My staffy is nutts never a dull moment :)

#58 ·
My Leo spends most of her time sitting at the back of her cave, but when I get her out for a play she's the very soul of inquisitiveness, she keeps trying to see what's down the end of her bed. She may not do that much, but she has a lot of personality- she watches me from her cave when I'm working, and sits out at the front of her viv most mornings, then slowly leaves once she knows I'm awake.
They don't have to be active to be awesome.

#59 ·
My leo has her quiet times and her active times. She can go a few days without doing much, but always watches me out her cave. Then she has her active days by climbing everything and its really entertaining to watch. Feeding time is always great to watch also :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.