Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wandering if its safe to keep 2 female leos togeather? Im thinking of getting 2 leos in the future but just want to make sure they are the next reptile i would like to keep. Also temprament wise are they ok being handled? And what sort of vivarium best suits them? eg lighting,substrate,temps etc. I wont be getting a new reptile for at least 6 months as im in the process of moving so i have plenty of time to study up on them. thanks in advance for any replies. :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Shy,

Two females will be fine. You could have a male in with them, but more than one male will cause friction.

They can be handled, it takes a bit of time to gain their trust, and they can be a bit skitty at first, but stick with it. My geckos climb onto my hand when I put it in the viv andthen sit with me for ages.

They don't need UV as they are predominantly nocturnal. The general rule for viv size is 1 square foot per gecko, so at least 2 x 1 x 1 for two females, or 3 x 1 x 1 if u decide to put a male in with the girls! There's a great caresheet on Tony's website, www.purejurrasic.com Plus he has an available list on there that u may like to look at to give u an idea.

If u can get down to Brighton he's a great breeder and def worth visiting.

Good luck :2thumb:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just noticed that you're in Stirling, Scotland!! Unlikely you'll be able to get to Brighton eh?? LOL!! But the site is still definitely worth a look....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Dragonsdady for all that information. Iv looked at the site and its great. And yes unfortanutaly im unable to get to Brighton. Ill look into Leos with more depth and hopefully get a pair of females in around 6 - 8 months depending on my finacial state. Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A great website that you should look at is www.exotic-pets.co.uk they sell everything that you would ever need to keep a leopard gecko and its where I got all my stuff from

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully wen i have the full set up and have studied them and i feel im ready ill be wanted to get a pair of females hopfully around the 6 month old mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts