Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am thinking of buying a new leopard geko soon but the question im curious on is that. because i wil have to buy a female because i already have a male but will my male try to constantly mate with my female making my female stressed i dont really want to buy another viv. cheers to people who reply. :D

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yes he could make her constantly stressed and it would be bad for her health to do so. Ideally you'll need to get at least two females to go in with him so he won't constantly harass one.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
leo's dont eat a great deal though..whatever size tub or bag of crix u get i reckon url only end up using them as oposed to half dieing in the week or 3 you have them hanging around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
female geckos

i bought 2 geckos checked them out they looked female took them to the vet for a check up (what i always do when we get a new arrival) they agreed they were female 8 months down the line there fighting n i've had to seperate them, my advise would be get one or 2 and a viv or 2keep them seperate until they reach the age of at leat 12months then make sure they are female then try breeding them we nearly lost a leg and was paralisd for 3 weeks due to the sexual maturity not showing properly a male will look female until the bulges appear and the pores are more dominate

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lol i agree with whats just been said but whose to say the girls arent going to fight like in purples situation? Girls can be just as grumpy afterall :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts