Reptile Forums banner

Leo's Dominance Behaviour.

291 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kerry97 
#1 ·
Hi Guy,

Another question that just popped into my mind that I thought I really should know and find out.
I have 2 female Leo's together and havent had a problem, but if they do decide they dont want to be in each others company any more, are there any domenance signs that they will show? Is there any behaviour I should watch for as a sign or will it just kick off if it does???

#2 ·
This should help you Leopard Gecko Behaviour

All I will add is that if you are housing 2 Leos together then it is important that they are about the same size. If they are bought from different places then you should quarantine (see the sticky). They should have a warm and a cool hide - each, as well as a moist hide. The viv should be large enough (3 foot minimum IMO) that they can get away from each other. It is a good idea to weigh them each week to make sure that they are getting an even share of food. You must constantly watch out for signs of trouble. This can happen at any time - even after months of living peacefully together. Have a basic spare set-up for emergencies - a RUB, mat and stat should surfice.
I hope this helps.

#4 ·
The link that Jools included in her post includes info on what to look out for : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.