Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

My leo is cleaned fed and well looked after he has calcium dish available and is fed on crickets. I have noticed one of his eyes is completely shut and black and the other looks like it is heading the same way. He is not feeding well.

What could the problem be?

Heres some pics. Should i use salt water to clean them?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi

My leo is cleaned fed and well looked after he has calcium dish available and is fed on crickets. I have noticed one of his eyes is completely shut and black and the other looks like it is heading the same way. He is not feeding well.

What could the problem be?
could he have got something in his eye, sounds like its could be an irritation or an infection?? when you say he is not feeding well is it because he cannot see properly due to the eye or could it just be the time of year when leos slow down and poss not eat as much anyway, or do you think he is right off his food?? do you spray the viv when cleaning, could this be causing an irritation?? its a process of illumination - if you cant find the poss problem then its prob best to get a vet to look into it??

I'm pretty new myself so wait for the pro's to come along to sort you out, but at least I can get the ball rolling :)

forgot to ask what do you use as a substrate, is it a loose one like sand or it it lino or similar?

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
That needs to be seen by a vet, mate.
He won't be feeding well if he can't see!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I agree, let a vet have a look at it. Hope everything turns out well

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
there was not a pic when I posted earlier, but as others have said I think its prob best if you let the vet take a look to sort the problem asap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts