Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basicaly i have 9 females and im looking for some males as just found my babies are all female first i would like to no what i would produce with these pairings so i no which ones id be better off breeding with him thanks alot everyone

basicaly the male is a outcross het raptor,het eclipse anybody tell me about outcrossses as there the only morph i dont no much about and im collectin sat thanks

and the females im deciding on which ones to put him with are my
supermack snow,mack snow patty,snake eyed blazing blizzard,tremper albino blazzing blizzard,bell albino,super hypo tangerine,hypo,normal and another outcross im getting thanks sooo much again ssthisto and bg gecko as i no it will be u helping me out as usale.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
in this case the outcross sounds like a RAPTOR bred to a normal leo or a different morph to APTOR/RAPTOR to get the out-cross so if its an albino male he will be het stripe, reverse stripe, eclipse. or if he's non albino he'll be het tremper too

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
outcross is the oposit of inbreed, so you get, for example 2 geckos both het for eclipse,albino,stripe,reverse stripe and showing tangerine. and these geckos are from the same parents (brother and sister)
to get a RAPTOR you have 4 recessive traits and a line bred trait too, so you breed the offspring together for a chance at producing a RAPTOR (think its 1 in 64) this is inbreeding.

so you then have a RAPTOR hatchling, you can either breed it with another APTOR/RAPTOR to make more, or outbreed to a different morph to gain genetic diversity, it could be any morph from redstripe to emerine to patty to blizzard or even a subspecies like fasciatus. you need to give more information to get a proper answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts