Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little kitten is approximately 5.5 weeks and we came about having him, to rehome, as his mother and litter brothers were killed by the owners 10 weeks old puppies....
Honestly don't even ask me to explain how this happened because I was very nearly arrested when she brought two dead kittens and this little boy into the place I work on Wednesday night.

Anyway LeStat has somewhat taken him under his wing already and Flea, there was more fleas than kitten, already has a fantastic home to go to when he's recovered from his aneamia and the trauma of what he saw!

To be honest he isn't showing too much trauma but as he's only been here 6 days he will be staying until he's at least 9 weeks before going to his new home.......which just happens to be with our stair lift engineer and he's a 'ginger' as well:lol2:

John was after keeping him but with 11 already and four of them being uneutered queens there is no way I'm keeping a tom in the house.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOOPS!

For four queens read five I forgot about Niagra my little calico I just picked up from members on here in Nottingham yesterday!

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
Bless him! And it really shows how tiny LeStat is, too!!

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I'm speechless! Poor little kitten cat - how irresponsible some people can be is just incredible! I just can't imagine 10 week old puppies doing something like that! :crazy:

He's a beautiful little kitten and looks well relaxed in your household, poor wee boy! Glad you've found a good home for him.

And I agree with Jen, I know you've told us how tiny LeStat is, but I couldn't really imagine it in visual terms, but cos I know the size of a kitten of this age, I was amazed to see how small he actually is.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes LeStat is tiny but i reality he's 'squished' up in the pics as that is how he lies down.

It's taken me a while to calm down over these kittens since she brought them into the shop.
Apparently the pups are staff x bullmastiff and she's had them since 5 weeks old so being taken from Mum at that age probably explains their actions! I was particulalry angry that the girl and her OH were downstairs in the living room, in a tiny terrace house, when the pups got upstairs at LuLu and the kittens.

Flea seemed to have a nightmare last night, first time we've seen any recollection of what happened, he seemed pretty scared. He suddenly screamed, opeed his mouth and eyes, straightened all his legs very stiffly and was breathing very fast. It only took him a few seconds to calm down though.........would he actually remember what happened with being so young?

Just another cute pic though for now.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
That really is unbelievable. I've no idea about kittens' memories, but I've no reason to suspect that, at that age, they wouldn't remember such a traumatic event, although I also think at such a young age, he will get over it reasonably quickly with some tlc.

I realised LeStat was 'scrunched up' and in the second photo the kitten is stretched out,making him appear bigger, but I still didn't realise that LeStat was that small!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LeStat is smaller than my biggest rat boys and we often say he's 'in disquise'.

Cute kitten, I agree it certainly shows actually how tiny Le stat is:gasp:

I still think hes gorgeous though:flrt:
He is not so gorgeous when he's yapping his damned head off at 3am and just won't shut up for nothing, although the bark collar helps to some degree, I swear the mice 'f*rt' an awful lot in the woods near us..........:bash:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
na i believe they know what happened...

when i had fostered scooby and tom, they had been living on the streets of london, they were unusually scared of dogs, s o much so at just 8 weeks he was vomiting with fright, and shaking so much... and pooed themselves..

im sure they must of been attacked in there first 3 weeks of life

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder whether they remember really as I've had cats go through some terrible things in the years I've owned cats, rescues usually, some will recover and show no issues at all others are affected throughout their lives.
Maybe they are like humans and affected differently!

Flea seems to be one of the 'unaffected' ones. He couldn't give a devil about dogs which is surprising me.
He's goig to his ew home as the man and his wife are obviously just as experienced as me.They've beet o see him twice now and I'm happy they can manage him as he's now almost 7 weeks old, 9 if I believed his owner, which I don't.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I nearly asked if they wanted LeTw*t, sorry LeStat, he's doing my head in with his constant attention seeking.
If he wasn't so little and cute it would not be so funny!

No really we love him we just have to be so patient with him........he really lives upto to his name!

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Glad to hear flea has a nice home to go to. Poor LS he really is minute. I would be constantly worried about stepping on him!

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
Glad to hear flea has a nice home to go to. Poor LS he really is minute. I would be constantly worried about stepping on him!

Dont be giving Dawn ideas:lol2:
Im glad the kitten has a home to go too, I bet Le Stat will miss him!

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Lol. I am not really a small dog person. I know a few nice ones (we had a nice westie once) but I will always pick a big dog for myself.

GSD's are my fave closely followed by rhodesian ridgebacks, dobermans (my parents own one) and rottweilers. You can add in the hungarian vizsla for good measure too :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol @ Shell........he's alays being stood on as he's always underfoot!
If he's not been trodden on he's being tripped over! Which is not good for John as he has difficulty walking to start with.

Nix, I prefer bigger dogs as well, we have our rottie, the smaller ones were sort of forced on me. Except for little Peppa the jrt puppy but she is really a tiger in disguise anyway so she doesn't count as a little dog!

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
lol @ Shell........he's alays being stood on as he's always underfoot!
If he's not been trodden on he's being tripped over! Which is not good for John as he has difficulty walking to start with.

Nix, I prefer bigger dogs as well, we have our rottie, the smaller ones were sort of forced on me. Except for little Peppa the jrt puppy but she is really a tiger in disguise anyway so she doesn't count as a little dog!
Ah yes I had forgotten you got Peppa too. JRTs aren't your typical small dog though. Poor LeT. No one loves him (more like everyone does).

Oo rotties love em! So, when am I coming over?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts