Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone any good at writing bloody good letters , im crap at making them sound realy good so if i wrote the letter i need someone to go thru it and make it the dogs nuts , all to do with disability discrimination against my mum!

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Is anyone any good at writing bloody good letters , im crap at making them sound realy good so if i wrote the letter i need someone to go thru it and make it the dogs nuts , all to do with disability discrimination against my mum!

ill certainly have a look at it for you,
why dont you post it up and people can offer suggestions as to how you could improve on things

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i'm usually pretty good.

although not really a letter this is a quote from an agency after i updated my CV today.

Absolutely outstanding Mek, thank you. I kid you not, this is now one of the best CV's I've seen for some time, well done.

so doing a letter should be a piece of piss.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I quite enjoy writing letters and am used to writing proffessional/intelligent sounding things as I'm now a postgraduate! (HEHE! I've been dying to use that for some reason!)

Happy to look over it and make suggestions. :)

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I'm happy to put my 'three-pennorth' in too. I was a legal secretary for too many years to mention, so used to legal terminology if that helps too.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blimey thanks everyone!
Basically its to my local working mans club , the chairman was v rude to me regarding parking my car outside, my mum is severley disabled and he thinks he is god and sod the rest of the world , the names wont mean alot to anyone but ill get a draft written up and post it and people can tweak it for me :)
Thanks

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Are you Jerry Hall - that was her mother's saying (apparently!):lolsign:
if only.................her figure

Blimey thanks everyone!
Basically its to my local working mans club , the chairman was v rude to me regarding parking my car outside, my mum is severley disabled and he thinks he is god and sod the rest of the world , the names wont mean alot to anyone but ill get a draft written up and post it and people can tweak it for me :)
Thanks

opps sorry for the off topic chat :oops:

we will all help where we can,our local WMC is run by a bunch of morons who are still in the 50's :diablo:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right this is basically how it happened , im not sure whats the best way to start or finish the letter but the facts are all there!!
many thanks everyone :)

on sunday the 28th of December i drove my mother Christina morris to bingo , as you are all aware my mother is phisically disabled and struggles to walk more than a few metres , the car park was full and as there are no disabled parking spaces i parked my car outside the club where there are new no parking signs and walked my mother inside , i spoke to the doorman (malcolm) and explained the car was mine and he said it was fine to park there as obviously my mother cannot walk far , that was the end of the matter as far as i was concerned however i walked past Mr Bill Steel and he said out loud and not directly to me 'cant you read' i stopped and said excuse me? he repeated 'cant you read' in a very rude and abrupt manner i stated that i had seen the signs but that i had also spoken to the doorman and he had said it was fine to park there , i asked mr steel if he would rather i parked in the committee parking area as there is no provision for disabled parking , he said that the committee area was for committee only.
The pavement area was widened to accomodate the smoking area and there is specified parking for committee members but please could you tell me why there is no designated disabled parking area.
If Mr steel had approached me in a adult and polite manner and asked me if i could move my car i would of done straight away as my mother was already in the building but the manner in which he spoke to me was so rude i chose to leave it there.
I have been told that i was apparently rude to Mr steel in the way i spoke to him but i would like to point out i have several witnesses including a committee man that will back me up when i say i wasnt rude if fact it was mr steel that was rude to myself.
I would like to point out that the lack of disabled parking spaces makes it very difficult for disabled people to access the club and i personally feel that disabled people are discriminated by the united services club as there is a newly built area for smokers and a car park for committee members but nowhere for the disabled to park.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts