Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had my snake for about 2 years, she's been thru a few homes but i think she's about 4 years old. unfortunately i'm struggling to find time for her at the moment so i think it's best she goes to a new and loving home :(
only thing is i have no idea how much she's worth... any suggestions?
she's got a fully equipped 3ft tank, habistat, lamp, mat, bowl, hidey rock and climbing bit. she's about 4ft with 5 black spots, very pretty and very friendly, likes to try and escape but never bites.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
People like you are the same as the ones that have had the damn thing on the other occassions, that you would defend the snake against and say you felt sorry for at the time of aquiring it.

Reeks of cant be arsed man, how long does it take you to clean the water daily, about 3 mins, and then feed once a week? another 10 or 15. Half an hour a week is naff all.

·
Banned
991 Posts
If you haven't got the time for her and you are any kind of animal lover, give her away. it's not fair to keep the snake for another few weeks of neglect if you dont have the time to sort it out. Give it to someone who has the time for her now and save any trauma to the animal.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
If you haven't got the time for her and you are any kind of animal lover, give her away. it's not fair to keep the snake for another few weeks of neglect if you dont have the time to sort it out. Give it to someone who has the time for her now and save any trauma to the animal.
You dont sound all that morally wrong.

·
Banned
991 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
anywhere from £70 - £110 id imagine.

·
Registered
443 Posts
People like you are the same as the ones that have had the damn thing on the other occassions, that you would defend the snake against and say you felt sorry for at the time of aquiring it.

Reeks of cant be arsed man, how long does it take you to clean the water daily, about 3 mins, and then feed once a week? another 10 or 15. Half an hour a week is naff all.
What do you know about the OP or their current situation. Back off man:devil:

Morallywrong weres this accusation of neglect come from??? What trauma??? Jeez,

Let the guy sell his snake in peace!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

exactly why i'm trying to get her rehomed

get off ur moral high horse, i'm trying to do the right thing

·
Registered
7,100 Posts

Your going to be popular round these parts.I can tell.:whistling2:

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
Bloody hell why is everyone having a go at the OP? you don't know his situation or know him so why jump on his back? Good luck with the sell mate hope it works out well for you :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
flipping heck they done the right thing!
at least the OP has recognized they don't have what it takes, and is trying to find a more experienced home!
what would u rather they do? keep hold of it until it does suffer?
they have asked a simple question trying to get a simple answer or an apparently knowledgeable forum -- reptile forum.co.uk.
not bitchatmeovermyreptiles.co.uk LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
This is this girl's first thread on our forum, she came on here to try and do the right thing by her snake, she posted in the wrong section - oops.

What do u think she will think of everyone on here when her first post gets her so much grief? she wont think we;re very freindly at all will she?

Come on guys, give her a break!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Your going to be popular round these parts.I can tell.:whistling2:
Can i just say Barry.M that those slidy plastic panties in your sig. hypnotise me everytime i see them, damn!

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I agree with barry and ryan.

Leave the OP alone, there only trying to find a loving home for there snake that sounds like has been well cared for.

if i can help you out in anyway just send me a pm: victory:

·
Banned
991 Posts
Ok. apologies to the op. wasn't meant the way it was said, but there is a story behind this attitude so bear with me and i will explain.

I had a dude lodge at mine who built a very shoddy 3m square rep room out in the garage, didnt insulate it then put in about 80-90 reps in it. all snakes and a bosc. the room hadn't been insulated properly and it was november. he never bothered to go and give them any water, if they didn't feed he didn't bother the following day, they just got left till the following week. the power to the garage kept tripping the fuse as he was running 6 vivs and a s:censor:tload of rubs and then one day it tripped and he went to his girlfriends....and didn't come back for 4 days. temp had dropped to -5/6 and when he did go back out there, he had about 5 or 6 left alive! these only remained alive as i had brought then inside to the warm and given some water.

This is what i am reminded about every time i hear someone say they dont have the time for their animals... so again, apologies to the op. i get you are trying to do the right thing and only asked for advice, but i have seen how animals can suffer in the worst possible way when someone has les and less time for them.

Sorry about the mammoth post.. just wanted people to understand where i was coming from.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I understand why you said it now, but what i dont understand is you say you got angry because she said she didnt have time for it...and you felt sorry for the reptile...but surely if shes giving it to someone else then that means shes giving it to someone who does have the time for it...hence doing the right thing?

·
Banned
991 Posts
I understand why you said it now, but what i dont understand is you say you got angry because she said she didnt have time for it...and you felt sorry for the reptile...but surely if shes giving it to someone else then that means shes giving it to someone who does have the time for it...hence doing the right thing?

True, as long as she has time for it until it gets sold, no problem whatsoever. nice to know you can explain your point a second time and people will understand where you are coming from though!

Again, my apologies to the op, and i hope the sale goes through well for you and you and the eventual buyer are both happy with the arangement!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Although to be fair there are a lot of threads like this recently :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Agreed with many of you above!

Leave the OP to sell his/her snake in peace!

He/she didn't offend anybody, or even try to.

Just trying to sell a pet that he/she no longer desires to keep what every the reason!

Good luck!

: victory:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts