Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

noticed that Lex hasn't really been interested in his food the last few days. his temps are right and have offered greens too..noticed that he seems to be eating greens more than live (he's just over 4months)

he seems to be a lil skinnier too...sorted a faecal sample that im sending off 2morra.

any ideas??

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i bougth some wax worms to try get him eating more but he just shut his eyes as to say oh no thanks butler :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey dynamos! he's off black crickets and wont even touch wax worms. lol

wonder if its cos he might be ill? hopefully the faecal test will show anything. hoping its clear though!!

he does have a food bowl with juvi bearded dragon pellets too.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,599 Posts
See what the faecals say but he does seem to be having some problems. Might be worth a trip to a rep vet even if the faecals come back clear. Remember that you need at least 3 tests taken at intervals to be sure they are free of parasites.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure what sunken eyes look like either?! anyone got a pic??? his poo has been dark and formed but also very smelly and has a jelly like substance attaching it to the white wee. also i noticed when he poos that although formed..it does have small puddle of water come out too.... (assuming its water?!!)

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,599 Posts
not sure what sunken eyes look like either?! anyone got a pic??? his poo has been dark and formed but also very smelly and has a jelly like substance attaching it to the white wee. also i noticed when he poos that although formed..it does have small puddle of water come out too.... (assuming its water?!!)
The jelly - if theres more than a bit - sounds like mucus from an irritated gut. The water just means he's well hydrated. If he keeps on having problems then I would get him to a vet if you can for your own peace of mind if nothing else. ppl on here can only offer opinions which is no substitute for a proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i totally agree! well ill post the results of the faecal but as for the irritated gut..what can this be caused by and at 4 months should he still be eating loads?!

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,599 Posts
i totally agree! well ill post the results of the faecal but as for the irritated gut..what can this be caused by and at 4 months should he still be eating loads?!
It can be caused by parasites amongst other things. Yes he should still be eating loads - he's got a lot of growing to do yet.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just tried hand feeding him the wriggliest of waxworms and he just shut his eyes...hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
is he due to shed, mine goes bit funny round shedding time x

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope. he's not long shed! i notice this with mine also though!

could it be possible that he's picky that the black crickets i just got him are small and the ones he was eating before were medium so meatier?!? so he wants the medium ones again?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
mines like that with dubia, if i only got the small ones left she gives me a look if disgust she will eat them but only after watching me to see if i give her something else lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well lex seems to have aquired a slight taste for the waxworms now... hoping this is a good sign of his appetite coming back now..still he's not eating too many of the crickets now though..but hey one step at a time. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts