Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 7 month old Leopard Gecko, the vivarium is wooden with a lift up glass lid.

I wondered if there were any ways to incorporate a deep heat lamp without having the extra cost of a new vivarium?

Thanks

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,634 Posts
Hi,

I have a 7 month old Leopard Gecko, the vivarium is wooden with a lift up glass lid.

I wondered if there were any ways to incorporate a deep heat lamp without having the extra cost of a new vivarium?

Thanks
Hi and welcome to RFUK. What are the dimensions of the vivarium?

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,634 Posts
I think you would really struggle to get a heatlamp in there - or a UV. If the viv was taller you could have possibly attached them to one of the sides. Someone else might have a good suggestion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A pic of the set up would help. But eventually you will need a bigger viv anyway when the leo is adult.
Thanks, I think that is probably wise. So maybe I should wait and just get a bigger vivarium. What is the minimum height for a lamp?

I was looking at these

But are they not the best option?

Thank you

·
Registered
33,439 Posts
Thanks, I think that is probably wise. So maybe I should wait and just get a bigger vivarium. What is the minimum height for a lamp?

I was looking at these

But are they not the best option?

Thank you
The viv in your link would be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's any help the Arcadia DHP including a ceramic lamp holder is 18 cm, both the 50 and 80 watt are the same dimensions.
Thank you. We are collecting our new Leopard Gecko today, so I should have invested in a bigger viv for our older one and let the new one have the small one.

Now I have two small vivs instead.

The viv for our new LG does have a wooden roof, I could easily cut a hole in it, perhaps replace with wire mesh and sit the lamp on top if the depth isn't good for the light to sit inside. I have seen some deep heat lamps used like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. We are collecting our new Leopard Gecko today, so I should have invested in a bigger viv for our older one and let the new one have the small one.

Now I have two small vivs instead.

The viv for our new LG does have a wooden roof, I could easily cut a hole in it, perhaps replace with wire mesh and sit the lamp on top if the depth isn't good for the light to sit inside. I have seen some deep heat lamps used like this.
I'm pretty sure that'll work fine. Of course, run it it on a dimming stat. 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts