Reptile Forums banner

Liasis fuscus

Tags
liasis
2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  DanielF 
#1 ·
Finally, after a long search and wait the opportunity came up to get some Liasis fuscus. I got hooked when I saw fuscus for the first time at a friend about 25 years ago. Really happy that I finally got myself a pair. They originate from Fogg Dam Northern Territory bloodlines.

See less See more
#2 ·
Finally, after a long search and wait the opportunity came up to get some Liasis fuscus. I got hooked when I saw fuscus for the first time at a friend about 25 years ago. Really happy that I finally got myself a pair. They originate from Fogg Dam Northern Territory bloodlines.

Uber cute :gasp::flrt: What are they?

#7 ·
:mf_dribble: Aoh! constrictor 2010 they are beatiful. congrats on getting hold of some after 25 years of wanted them! i was really into these at one point (wanted one for myself). best of luck with them, i hope they get big and breed for you. it is a sexual pair right ? are you planning on breeding them when they get big and old enough ?

#9 ·
Thanks for the nice comments.

@Nicko,
yes, they are a male and female. I would not mind to breed them once or twice in a few years time, as captive bred babies of this species are not that often available (at least I am not aware of it). But I have to admit breeding is not my main goal anymore. I "just" want to enjoy my snakes.

#10 ·
Beautiful snakes, how much do they go for? I take it they are quite rare in the hobby.

#11 ·
Yes, as far as I am aware, they are quite rare. Also, I think, there is not a lot of interest in this species (and most of the other Liasis species). They have quite a bad reputation for being very aggressive. Most of the adult fuscus I saw were not too bad once out of the vivarium. So, fingers crossed my two little ones will also calm down a bit as they grow.

#12 ·
Nice! Dont see much of these. But they are lovely looking snakes. Hmmmm another one to add to the wish list......:whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.