Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
looking for care sheets etc on these guys anyone know any about, only finding bits and pieces on the internet (google etc). would like a good care sheet that covers everything.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Best ones are in books. Try Mike Swan, keeping and bred ding Australian pythons as the section on olives is very good.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best ones are in books. Try Mike Swan, keeping and bred ding Australian pythons as the section on olives is very good.
planning on getting this book sometime, i was looking at it yesterday, can only find them in australia though so i think its roughly £30 but ive been told by others its a very good read.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Well it's about keeping them in captivity in Australia, so the book tends to miss out details that we need to know in England, but It's still got good info in it

Pythons of the World Vol 1 is hard to come by and expensive when you do isn't it?

Josh
yes it is hard to come by these days and yes i paid £80 for my copy 14 years ago!! but a very good read also the line drawing are out standing and the centre plates are stunning photos!

·
Registered
736 Posts
hi guys,
looking for care sheets etc on these guys anyone know any about, only finding bits and pieces on the internet (google etc). would like a good care sheet that covers everything.
Thanks in advance

just interested, have you obtained some Olive Pythons?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just interested, have you obtained some Olive Pythons?
put a deposit on a cb11 male to pick up in a few month. I reserached these guys last year made notes etc etc but moved house 2 weeks ago and have lost them. i know about sizes they reach, temperament etc etc. its just the general care, temps, humidity etc it took me a few weeks last time just to find this sort of info.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
put a deposit on a cb11 male to pick up in a few month. I reserached these guys last year made notes etc etc but moved house 2 weeks ago and have lost them. i know about sizes they reach, temperament etc etc. its just the general care, temps, humidity etc it took me a few weeks last time just to find this sort of info.

hard to find olives,one of the plain patten pythons i like!!
best of luck with your new snake!! pm your email to me and i shall photo copy some info for you!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hard to find olives,one of the plain patten pythons i like!!
best of luck with your new snake!! pm your email to me and i shall photo copy some info for you!

thats the reason i didnt get one last year because i couldnt find someone/ a shop within a decent distance of me until my local rep brought 3 back from hamm, two were sold instantly ( a m & f pair) and i jumped at the chance of the remaining male.

Thanks bud

1 - 16 of 16 Posts