Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to scorpions and have 3 emperor scorpions and 1 desert scorpion but am interested in other scorpions but have been told i would need a license to get these other scorpions does anyone know how i get the licence:whistling2:

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
You have to get your house vetted to ensure u know how to keep DWA species. The species you have now, and lots of others don't require a licence but Buthidae etc do. It costs anything upto about £300 in all... Triple skinned tanks etc!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You have to get your house vetted to ensure u know how to keep DWA species. The species you have now, and lots of others don't require a licence but Buthidae etc do. It costs anything upto about £300 in all... Triple skinned tanks etc!
got it in one becky;), all they simply do is come out and check that you have the right facilities and safety knowledge to keep the dwa species the first time i applied for mine was a right carry on its not worth the money for the license if your just keeping them socially... anth

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
depending on your council it could cost loads of money including vets inspection it has the potential to cost over a grand, it all depends where you live, also you need public liability which is gonna cost another hundred or so, thats on top of the money you will need to spend to get the set ups correct, sealed room ect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the information ,which scorpions can i keep without the licence and do u know the scientific names for them

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
its easier to say which scorps you need a license for.

Any Buthidae scorps and Hemioscorpiidae lepturus are DWA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts