Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
crickets

i keep mine in a large tub with some solidwater. they last me until my reps eat them!! if you keep them no hotter than roon temp, they should last you a good while!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
solidwater

its getting difficult to get hold of, but petshops SHOULD sell it. its just little crystals that you add to water. they absorb the water, and grow turning into what feels like jelly. the crickets get moisture without drowning!!

wet kitchen paper is just as good, so long as you remember to refresh it about every 4 days!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: solidwater

repti-14 said:
its getting difficult to get hold of, but petshops SHOULD sell it. its just little crystals that you add to water. they absorb the water, and grow turning into what feels like jelly. the crickets get moisture without drowning!!

wet kitchen paper is just as good, so long as you remember to refresh it about every 4 days!
nice one cheers for the advice

·
Registered
39 Posts
same

yep, thats it. must be going by a different name now!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
you want to feed them fresh fruit & veg & maybe some commercial gutloading formula so they are the best they could be for your reps!

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I bulk buy 1000 blacks every 2-3 weeks... I don't have many die on me. Just put a stick of carrot in there for moisture. Don't leave it in there two long though as it goes manky and raises the humidity to much and then they do die...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
if you add nothing then they die at room temp in about 2 weeks.
it you feed them and water them they'll live long enough for them all get eaten

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
We put lettuce in with ours but not iceberg as it's got nothing good in for the lizards, they get all the moisture they need from this. Did'nt check the link above but the stuff we order in at work is called Bug Gel.

Della

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use jurassic quench for the mositure, sort of green jelly enriched with calcium, can get it at most good herp stores, they do well on that and a mixture of gutloading and fresh veg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts