Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all if anyone is passing by Norton in Doncaster (DN6 9ED) could I possibly get a lift with you?

I suffer from anxiety and I can't catch busses....I have panic attacks if I do so I can't get to the show and it does my head in cos it is so close =(. I've been looking forward to this for ages and I don't want my mental issues to stop me from going =(.

I would need a lift there and back if possible...if it is not going out of anyones way of course.

Thank you

Jade

P.S. Mods sorry if this is classed as a duplicate thread but I wasn't sure if i should put it in snakes or shows and meetings...I'm not sure if I can put it in both or not...please close the appropriate one if either of the threads aren't appropriate.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I'm not going to the show, but I wish you the best of luck.:2thumb:
Is a taxi not a possibility?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cos of my anxiety, i can't use public transport for some reason cos i have a panic attack. Plus it would cost £30 =(

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
if you live so close why not walk or bike it?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
No cos of my anxiety, i can't use public transport for some reason cos i have a panic attack. Plus it would cost £30 =(
But surely, a taxi, with one driver, is similair to getting a lift, with one driver.

£30 is a fair amount, but what are you after?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cos when i mean close i mean in miles...11.9miles away..

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know yet and it wouldn't cost £30 in petrol money :S In my car it would cost £4 maximum...so £30 isnt really fair.....especially for 11.9miles....but i haven't got a full license so i cant drive it...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And its not to me my anxiety is weird...you don't really understand anxiety unless you suffer from it you don't really understand it yourself when you suffer from it

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol again I couldn't walk that distance (heart condition :lol2: i'm falling apart)and I can barly manage walking to the bottom shop on my own cos of anxiety and im not sure what i want i think i want either a hoggy or king

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Lol again I couldn't walk that distance (heart condition :lol2: i'm falling apart) and im not sure what i want i think i want either a hoggy or king
Well, the reason I ask, is because If you're looking for an expensive snake, £30 to get there is nothing. But for a king, or hoggy, the snakes probably cheaper than you getting there.

Might be abit random, but why don't you ask a courrier, for the right money, they might drive you there, and some reptile courriers will be visiting anyway, and sureley that isn't public transport.

If I may ask, what exactly do you not like?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Why not take a friend with you? My mom stuffers from panic attacks and anxiety I go with her to some places to calm her down you cant let it rule your life :2thumb:
That's clever. ^^^
But I don't quite understand what's wrong with a Taxi, apart from the cost.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah im not after anything expensive and ive just been told to ask for a lift so i dont know who to ask or how to go about it tbh....

I can't go with a friend cos I can't cope. I know I cant let it rule my life but im having councelling to help me with that.

And its cos I am completly and utterly stuck on public transport and there are people on that transport who will watch me have a panic attack and im scared of having a panic attack...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...to be honest im not completely comfortable discussing my anxiety like this and im trying not to go into depth so I cant tell you properly...its a very sensitive subject and id like not to air it on the forum...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
...to be honest im not completely comfortable discussing my anxiety like this and im trying not to go into depth so I cant tell you properly...its a very sensitive subject and id like not to air it on the forum...
Oh okay, that's very fair.

I wish you all the luck you need.:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hahahaha, I get you. Used to get anxiety, one of the triggers of panic attacks is that you might have one in front of everyone you're with. Are you sure you'd be ok in the show itself then?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to stick with the people I go with if they didn't mind :blush: Or get their phone number just incase I need to be with someone during the show :blush: I'm kind of pushing myself going on my own..

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i have borderlie personality dissorder and ocd and anxiety, im on a lot of meds surely the mental health team can give you some pills? i could not cope with theshow down to my anxiety.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts