Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am currently putting the relevant equipment together for my RETF enclosure. As I research my ideas and plans change. Initially I was only going to have artificial foliage but am now going for live planting. I have a Zoomed 45 x 45 x 60 and my local retailer advised I would need a Arcadia 2% UVB natural sunlight 8W 300mm tube for my original plans, which I purchased. As I am now going for live plants is this still suitable or do I need to up the Ante as far as lighting goes?

Any advice with regards to this is welcomed,

Many thanks

Marc

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
The 2% natural sunlight will not have enough energy down force to provide re-crested wild levels of UV even for a deeply crepuscular species and certainly will not grow plants.

Live planting and bio-activity are well worth the investment, it's better for the host and looks vastly better also.

What you will need is a 15watt Euro-range 5% lamp and reflector. These are a high quality German made arcadia reptile branded but affordable lamp. The product code is FR15, the reflector is ALR15 and the controller is ACU15

This will provide gentle UV energy through a mesh to about 10"

Then add in a single 13watt jungle dawn,product code AJD13, this is a very clever LED plant grow lamp that simply grows plants without messing up the CRI.

It produces a PAR of 380 at 10cms which is as much as most small hydroponic systems.

This combo alongside your stat controlled heat system is bio-active perfection with money back if it doesn't work,

Shop about, there are some wonderful offers on

Hope this helps

John

Hi,
I am currently putting the relevant equipment together for my RETF enclosure. As I research my ideas and plans change. Initially I was only going to have artificial foliage but am now going for live planting. I have a Zoomed 45 x 45 x 60 and my local retailer advised I would need a Arcadia 2% UVB natural sunlight 8W 300mm tube for my original plans, which I purchased. As I am now going for live plants is this still suitable or do I need to up the Ante as far as lighting goes?

Any advice with regards to this is welcomed,

Many thanks

Marc

Reactions: Wingnut2711

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, huge thanks for a fully detailed and massively helpful reply. Better do some afternoon internet shopping ;-)

Thank you for your time taken, it's very much appreciated

Marc

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All arrived today, the LED looks amazing! hope it lasts well.

I have read before the UV has a lifespan of 9 months. Does the LED need to be changed regularly as well?

Thanks again for the advice!

Marc.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Yes euro-range is guaranteed for 9-12 months

D3 and D3+ are guaranteed to be upper index potent for 12 whole months.

Jungle Dawn, is the highest quality possible and should last considerably longer

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts