Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, finally got around to getting my viv.
Is there any specified placement for the basking light and the uv light? I think I remember seeing on one of the posts somewhere someone suggesting something to do with the lights but I can't remember where it is.

Is the basking light best placed towards that back of the viv so it's away from the glass? And is the uv tube supposed to be near the front of the viv so it's hidden behind the front wood panel?

Appreciate the help guys.]

Chris

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
the spot lamp needs to be about 4/5 inches from the back and about 4/5 inches from one side..you need to have it 4/5 inches from one side in order to create a thermal gradient.

the height of the uv tube depends on the species being kept..in general should be where they spend the most time...i.e the floor or near the top of viv...if near top put on ceiling diagnolly(can't rem how to spell it!!) if floor half way down the back of viv should do..

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the spot light should be about 6 inches, min, from the bask area, the uv needs to placed so that the lizard can get within 6-8 inches preferably, but no further than 12 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts