Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Now we're in autumn & approaching winter is it advisable to decrease the UV time & temp in the viv for my beardie?

My UV light comes on at 7AM & goes off at 9PM.

The temp under the basking lamp is around 95-100 degrees & early to mid 70's in the cool end.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
My dragon lights are on the same as yours, I've just reduced the time by 15 mins to 8:45 and planned to get it down to around 7:30 over the next few weeks, so as I've only had mine for a few months I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
If your dragon is still eating and very much active I wouldn't decrease the heat but you could take down the light to around 10-12 hrs a day... This simulates natural light cycles but decreasing the heat may result in digestive issues so I wouldn't do that...

If he's sleeping & not eating alot then chances are he's going into brumation. Then reduce his temp's and his light..... Temps can theoretically go down to 80f all over but I think thats risky as they do sometimes come out of brumation every three weeks or so for a bask and a drink. Keep a hot spot of 90-95 I would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts