Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
im not all that convinced on snakes not being able to see red as when my stat has gone off and i turn the dial up to see my royal he bobs his head back into this hide as if he seen me or he might just see my shadow , as as for blue light i think there garbage as i had one on a red eye tree frog and couldnt see the bloody thing as it was still very dark.

i no i shouldnt ask this cos iv got a few snakes now but do u leave the heat lamp on 24/7 on a stat or not iv currently got mine running from 9am till 11pm but as were having cold weather now im thinking about leaving them on all the time and just having the light on a timer. also just bought 2 ceramic heat bulbs for my BRB and royal so i guess there better than bulbs for heat.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
they control the temp of ur heat mats when the heat mat gets to the temp the stats either dimm back off and on or pulse back the the temp set on the dial.

u also get ones for bulbs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.