Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, and it's probably a "depends on the snake" answer... but how long roughly would it take for teeth to grow back?

Basically i've been treating a minor case of mouthrot for a week or so, was just wondering how long it would take after all the infection is gone for the teeth to grow back.

Cheers

Mark

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Quick question, and it's probably a "depends on the snake" answer... but how long roughly would it take for teeth to grow back?

Basically i've been treating a minor case of mouthrot for a week or so, was just wondering how long it would take after all the infection is gone for the teeth to grow back.

Cheers

Mark
its very dependant upon the severity of the stomatitis.... different infections travel down much further the gums and can take longer.

generally speaking from a snake that loses its tooth from a bite or such a new one is replaced within 4-6 weeks

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its very dependant upon the severity of the stomatitis.... different infections travel down much further the gums and can take longer.

generally speaking from a snake that loses its tooth from a bite or such a new one is replaced within 4-6 weeks
Wicked, cheers :)

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Just to add i am currently writting an indepth guide on treating mouth rot which is actually quicker at clearing it up than a vets way

as always it will be in Christians clinic in PRK mag

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just to add i am currently writting an indepth guide on treating mouth rot which is actually quicker at clearing it up than a vets way

as always it will be in Christians clinic in PRK mag

i've not come across this problem yet (fingers crossed and touch wood and all that) although i have just been mauled by my rat snake <_<

But instead of making a new thread and asking, how'd you get the snake to open it's mouth like that? or was it chance?

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
But instead of making a new thread and asking, how'd you get the snake to open it's mouth like that? or was it chance?
18 years of experience....carefully holding the head while manipulating the throat to open it,then slightly push on the gag reflex of the snake and the mouth can not close

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
to sum up, you controlled her mouth with pressure in the right places?
pretty much yep...however press it wrong and you will stop her breathing and kill the snake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts