Reptile Forums banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
does anyone know of any in the midlands? id quite like to help out at a reptile rescue center (voluntry work)

Other than Proteus i dont know of many,
I will take in the larger reptiles, such as monitors/tegu's and iggy's....always have a viv spare.

I too would like to help volunteer to anyone that needs it.

PM me :2thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Andy at Swindon Reptile Rescue is great. Has been rehoming rescues for years and definately knows his stuff! Is a pleasure to be learning from him!!! (morerepsthanazoo) on the forum.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi, Reptile Rescue in Hull is fantastic, run by Anthony Grant who works closely with RSPCA and is interviewed by Sky News and Animal 24/7. Don't have a website, but I'd recommend this rescue centre to anybody in the Hull Area.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Hi, Reptile Rescue in Hull is fantastic, run by Anthony Grant who works closely with RSPCA and is interviewed by Sky News and Animal 24/7. Don't have a website, but I'd recommend this rescue centre to anybody in the Hull Area.
Hull RSPCA claim they have no dealings with them and have told me that they will be suing them is them carry on claiming they are working closely with the RSPCA.... I know this as the RSPCA from Hull bring reps to us and NOT them..... just thought I'd clear that up!

·
Registered
328 Posts
You're kidding me?! o.o He took a batch of young beardies just last week.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
You're kidding me?! o.o He took a batch of young beardies just last week.
No I am being deadly serious!
He has a list of complaints against him that would probably stretch from the top of the country and back again. The RSPCA haven't taken anything to him for a long time and like I say, the inspector that came here with some seizures did say that if he continues to claim he is working with then then they will take legal action and sue him. There are quite a few people on here who have had dealings with him and all will say to stay clear!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've had nothing but good experience, have a healthy rescue beardie (had him going on 8 months now) and the viv set up he gave me was great, and very good value. So much so I'm doing a work placement with him in summer before uni. Odd! (I don't doubt that you're not telling the truth, just shocked)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you help?

Don't forget me.. lol..
Swindon reptile rescue in Wiltshire..
Enough of you out there no who i am already..:Na_Na_Na_Na:
Hi
I am looking for a someone who rescues reptiles and is a farmer, often visits Pontypool in South Wales and helped in a Summer Fayre in Highcross School, Newport last year. I have been trying to find this person for a couple of weeks. I know his name, but lost his telephone no's except for 1 and lost his email address. Is this you, as he looks like you in the picture!

·
Registered
172 Posts
rehomes and help

i do know of a great rehome and help place in chorley..............they lent me an incubator till i could get the money to get my own...........they help out the rspca and have more years dealing with reptiles than they want to think about...........jim 07734566267.......paula 01257413345....................call them

·
Registered
661 Posts
National Reptile Rescue have moved from their front room to a dedicated center complete with a retail area for live food and equipment.

they are on Bolton Road, Ashton in Makerfield cant remember number but its next to a butty shop.

good luck m8

·
Registered
39 Posts
north wales raptor and reptile sanctuary www.nwrr.co.uk/

d & g reptiles in stoke-on-trent -http://www.freewebs.com/ganddreptiles

wirral herpetological society on the wirral - www.wirralherp.net
please give north wales raptor & reptile sanctuary a wide berth, they are not what they make out to be but for legal reasons we cannot say to much! All i say is that what Gary & Jane know about reptiles, birds & other animals you can fit on a back of a small box of matchs!

81 - 100 of 125 Posts