Reptile Forums banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Charity

We are registered yes, but in process of being made into charity. Paperwork is in.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
We are registered yes, but in process of being made into charity. Paperwork is in.
Registered as what? There is no regulation for "rescue centres". Anyone can set one up. There is no legislation to cover their operation, no requirement or indeed power for a local authority to inspect them as there is with a pet shop, nothing.
So I cannot see how you can be "registered" because there is no registration for rescue centres.
There is, I believe, something in the pipeline asking for legislation to be brought in to cover them, but currently any Tom, Dick or Harry can wake up one morning, decide to call themselves a rescue, and start advertising for animals.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Looking at his pet shop page, he is running a pet shop, complete with dry goods as well as an Animal Encounters Company.

so I assume the license/registration is a Pet Shop License and Performing Animals Registration.

correct me if I'm wrong Draco?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shop

I do not sell any animal I do not have a pet shop. And it is clearly stated inside and out and trading standards are also aware.
I hold educational hands on classes, totally free. No selling of any animal happens here.
Animals are brought in and brought home at close of every day.

·
Super Moderator
16,763 Posts
I do not sell any animal I do not have a pet shop. And it is clearly stated inside and out and trading standards are also aware.
I hold educational hands on classes, totally free. No selling of any animal happens here.
Animals are brought in and brought home at close of every day.
What about the livefood you sell?

121 - 125 of 125 Posts