Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin after my mates 2yr old royal and the last couple of times he fed her live due to trouble feeding. I'm keepin her for about 6months and I really do not wanna feed her live food. Basically I'm just tryin to stop feeding her and keep tryin f/t mice. Guna do usual warming. Braining etc just wondering if there is any other thing I can do?? Any help would be good. Cheers

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm lookin after my mates 2yr old royal and the last couple of times he fed her live due to trouble feeding. I'm keepin her for about 6months and I really do not wanna feed her live food. Basically I'm just tryin to stop feeding her and keep tryin f/t mice. Guna do usual warming. Braining etc just wondering if there is any other thing I can do?? Any help would be good. Cheers
Stick a rat in a rub, with holes. Put rub in the tank for a short while to get the snake in the mood, remove live rat and offer a nice warmed defrosted rat.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
If she's been on live then it is unlikely she will take a d/f just like that. I would give fresh kill for a few weeks & then try d/f :2thumb:.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
if she is being fed live because she is a bad feeder then stick to live. Ther other owner must have tried to get her onto defrost.

You answered your own question by saying " feed live cause, bad feeder"

You can try other methods but if all fails then feed live.

Feeding live isnt that bad lol :2thumb:

·
Registered
17,332 Posts
I agree live feeders are a pain!..But they can be so hard to get to switch back to defrost that i think its unlikely you will manage it in the time you have?? Feeding live kill is definitly the way to go though, but if all else fails and you have to feed live, then you have to feed live!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts