Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to setup one of my crestie tanks as a live plant vivarium, but no clue on what plants to put inside. What plants are best or safe even. I did see large red leafed plant in the PRK magazine but i dont know what it was called, but looked very appealing, any ideas what that is? And for substrate is cocoa fibre ok to use? And will the plants need special lighting, as i only have a repti glow 2.0 inside. Many thanks, perry.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i did this the day before yesterday with my cresties :D it looks so much better now. im using coco fiber for the sub and i have a 5.0 UVB because most of it gets absorbed by the mesh top in the exo tera tanks i have them in.

i found a list on here a while ago http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/338231-crested-geckos-safe-plant-list.html thats very helpful (well i didnt know many plants on there but my mum is a keen gardener so she helped me pick out a few)

heres a pic of mine :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks really good mate! What plants did you go for in there? And ty for the link :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
thanks :) all i can remember (im not good with plant names lol) is the big red and green one is a Bromeliad and theres a few spider plants and theres a type of ivy (cant remember which one) in the smaller exo, and the others i cant remember but everything was on that list in the link :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh cheers mate! deffo going to look into doing a setup like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts