Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i searched this on google and couldnt find anything. i was wondering if people can give me lists of all the lizards they know of that do not require lighting or heat such as gargoyle gecko's, im asking this as i want to expand my collection but getting non stop hassle over electricity bills off the parents lol

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm not 100% sure because i'm only just learning about them, but I don't think crested geckos do? But you do have to make sure the room they're in doesn't go over or under certain temperatures.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
I'm not 100% sure because i'm only just learning about them, but I don't think crested geckos do? But you do have to make sure the room they're in doesn't go over or under certain temperatures.
Correct, providing the room isn't too cold, Cresties can live happily without extra heat. They're alot of fun too :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup i knew about cresties as im thikning bout buying one but im probibly gunna buy ma second gargoyle before i get anymore reptiles

·
Registered
766 Posts
Correct, providing the room isn't too cold, Cresties can live happily without extra heat. They're alot of fun too :2thumb:
They're on my wish list :)

My dad complains about the number of heat mats I have so i've been looking into them :)

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
They're on my wish list :)

My dad complains about the number of heat mats I have so i've been looking into them :)
Definitely time for some Cresties then :2thumb:

How can you resist these little faces - This is one of mine from back when I kept Reptiles.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the heatmat/lighting complaint issue is gettin out of hand at my house lol

G

·
As long as your day time temps are between 70F-80F and your night time temps don't drop below 60F you should be ok with a crestie. If not you will have to use some form of heating

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i kno all about cresty's and gargs thanks im jus wondering if theres anymore reptiles that dont need heat or light

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was looking at pygmy chams but have never seen any up here so not sure were id get one from

1 - 14 of 14 Posts