Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week Ive got Pendlehog coming over for a few days.. weve decided to go down to one of our local forest/lake places to see the wildlife.. might even be able to find a brumating snake if were very lucky... anyway... ive looked on google and cant find anything about the wildlife there.. anyone know where I can look for what is there wildlife wise?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi Tim, try these www.wildlifetrusts.org ...I haven't tried the site but there may be links to your local one and perhaps info on what you can find
we have supported our local one (birmingham & black country) for yrs and they send us quarterly updates and it has all good local stuff in them.
In the summer mag there was a cracking article on british reps & spiders
just a suggestion :)
Lesley
Edit due to me trying the link and not wanting to look like a complete Knob yes mate theres info there :2thumb:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Lesley. My mums bf has been to the place in question and seen lizards and smooth snakes, grass snakes and adders so Im hopeful but its always nice to see what else is at the places in question.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You probably won't find any reps this time of the year, they'll all be tucked up somewhere nice a safe.

If you go early you might catch sight of some foxes, maybe stoats/weasels, if there's deer around you might spot them plus there are all the birds that will be around. Woodpeckers tend to be easier to spot in the summer with leaves off the trees and sparrowhawks will stalk the flocks of small birds that are around.

Which reminds me I meant to go down to the salmon leap near here because an otter has been seen hanging around there... :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
There are quiet a few foxes and squirrels around where I live. If you're lucky enough you may find some hedgehogs as well :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
If you are gonna be looking at waterbirds, Im pretty good at IDing those, and Deer, I likes Deer, and some other birds, but that doesn't really help coz Im not going lol :lol:

Seriously though, you should have reminded me before I came over last time, I have a book you could have borrowed that is a pretty good field guide. :lol:

I got really annoyed the other week because I was taking some pictures of some Ring Necked Parakeets that were eating the apples in a tree, and a dog came along and scared them off! Argh!

Anywho...Pointless post but hey :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts