Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've recently been put in charge of Jazz my sisters beardie whilst her house is renovated.
He's a sweet little thing and I can care for him but how do I get the locusts from their silly little plastic tub into the big plastic she has for them easily?
I've seen her just grab them and put them in, but sorry I am not on my life touching one of those.
The worms, preparing his greens, cleaning him out, that I can do but I draw the line at touching a locust with those little beady eyes.
There has got to be an easier way!?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Tweezers or pop the silly little plastic tub in the big plastic tub, open the little one and let them jump out whilst poking at them with a stick. They aren't that bad to be honest, certainly better than crickets.

Gavin.

·
Premium Member
16,512 Posts
put em in the fridge for 10 mins and they will become inactive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You had me at inactive!

It looked so simple when she did it, pop both in the bath with Jazz incase of any escapees (apparently he will catch them, although he wasn't hungry or found it too funny to watch me suffer when I did it) open the lid shake them in off the egg carton and close.
But when I tried they were jumping around like crazy and I ended up squashing 4 out of paranoia that they would breed and I would have to live with a locust swarm!

I will try the fridge trick, once they're in the big tub with the locust water gel stuff and food they're happy as clams and super easy to grab with the tweezers and feed but now hopefully relocating them will be much easier!

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update!
Thank you!
I popped them in the fridge and they went nice and dopey. Much easier to relocate them
Thankfully it's super easy to get them out the big tub to feed them to Jazz although he has now decided that he is an independent lizard that can and will catch any strays that I freak out and drop

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts