Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
people tend to find something special into our reptiles.

but my local shop says this one is "Piedbalded python"!

What do you think???

Can you find any white area in this snake???

well....

Here.

Here.

What do you think? Piebald royal they say!
It might be...? seems like mere old scar???

Someone want to buy it? and believe "This is a piebald"?

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
last pic just looks like a scar or sumink

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
bottom pic look more like a scar than white scales tbh

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
You know these snakes you keep showing us from the shops... they let you take pics do they? Or are you buying them? (even though I think you said you are not into royals that much??)

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know these snakes you keep showing us from the shops... they let you take pics do they? Or are you buying them? (even though I think you said you are not into royals that much??)
My friend runs this shop and I go there often. I won't buy this one but I have bought a lot of animals from the shop.
We give&take our pictures each other.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Sounds like your local shop is trying to rip people off, that isnt a Piebald, Its scars. Also the double homozygous Hypo Caramel which they claim to have would be worth more than double of what a normal Caramel is worth.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
My friend runs this shop and I go there often. I won't buy this one but I have bought a lot of animals from the shop.
We give&take our pictures each other.
Ah, ok then! I thought it was funny that some shop owner would let you take pics of their snakes (and then moan about them on here! lol!)

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, ok then! I thought it was funny that some shop owner would let you take pics of their snakes (and then moan about them on here! lol!)

don't worry. I sometimes take photographs of the animals for their web-site.

Just This odd ball was funny to me. I didn't laugh at the shop, but I almost laugh actually.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Sounds like your local shop is trying to rip people off, that isnt a Piebald, Its scars. Also the double homozygous Hypo Caramel which they claim to have would be worth more than double of what a normal Caramel is worth.
I have a couple of royals with the same 'markings' and they aren't scars, a lot of royals get white patches or markings when they shed out, they usually either lose them after the next shed or it fades with each shed.

Nice pied ;)

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a couple of royals with the same 'markings' and they aren't scars, a lot of royals get white patches or markings when they shed out, they usually either lose them after the next shed or it fades with each shed.

Nice pied ;)

You are right. I also think it is marking on a normal royal.
But I think the 2nd pic is like a scar

Someone prove this isn't a pibald with the breeding?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

Nice pied ;)
So you are saying you have Piebalds too??? "only sometimes when they shed"

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
So you are saying you have Piebalds too??? "only sometimes when they shed"
No, I said I have some royals that when they shed will get white 'markings/patterns' nothing genetic in it at all, they just sometimes lose some of the scales or melanin from the scales during a shed.

That snake shown isn't a pied.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Young Gun, do you think there's a case the "marking" will sometimes developed(spread)? or just stay there or fade out later?

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Young Gun, do you think there's a case the "marking" will sometimes developed(spread)? or just stay there or fade out later?
In mine and friends snakes it has always faded out, either over a period of sheds or all at once with the next shed, it can pop up anywhere on the snake but its usually on the saddles or along the top of the snake.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The "piebald" in this thread has been stocked by the shop for almost 1year and had shed sometimes and still has got those marks. It doesn't seem grow but the body and individual scales grown, of course.

No one buy this one by the way. lol

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
The "piebald" in this thread has been stocked by the shop for almost 1year and had shed sometimes and still has got those marks. It doesn't seem grow but the body and individual scales grown, of course.

No one buy this one by the way. lol
Might be scars then :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
In mine and friends snakes it has always faded out, either over a period of sheds or all at once with the next shed, it can pop up anywhere on the snake but its usually on the saddles or along the top of the snake.
Same here when my Royal sheds on his saddles theres white blotches on him more so around the saddles.I am not saying mine is a morph cus it isnt.To me its a snake an these morphs mean f**k all to me personally prefer normals look better.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To me its a snake an these morphs mean f**k all to me personally prefer normals look better.

yes i am agree with you. everything is people decide the worth, but "looks defferent" means sometimes too much for me.
10-20times expensive than the normal? but the poop is same.

morph produce golden poop, then I buy. lol

well, actually they might make money in reality, aren't they?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts