Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have any advice when it comes to finding a play mate for my 9 month old beardie, do you know of any trustworthy sites for unwanted beardies in need of a good home? Or do any of you know of anyone looking to re home one they can't give enough love to??

I've noticed the rspca don't do much in way of reptiles and although I've seen a few in pet shops for sale I'm not convinced they're in the best of health, they all look gaunt and pale.

Here's a pic of my baby Becks anyway - I'd be looking for another female atm, then introduce a male at a later stage.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lady R x

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Gorgous Beardy :]

You could try put a "wanted" add up here in the "lizard classifieds" section.

I think you'd find a playmate in no time :)

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
like Meltos said, the Lizard Classifieds on here. You're best going for one complete with viv as you'll need to quarantine the new one first and Becks may not take to a new friend straight away.

Plenty of people will tell you not to keep 2 together, this is right in many cases but only you know your beardie and can make the right choice for her.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yes i would put a wanted up or look around on places like livefoods classifieds and preloved.there are a few herp rescues on the forums.im sure if anyone has any they would let you rescue one but i think there is usually a rehoming fee of about £30ish.you keep and eye out on here theres always beardies for sale and the odd one needing rehoming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all! I'll stick a wanted up then!

And thanks Meltos she's my little baby, haven't seen a cuter one yet (bias I know!!) even though she's so dumb at times!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
You will need to make sure you have the equipment to house them seperately incase they dont get on. there is no way of garunteeing they'll be happy together and if they end up fighting they will need seperating immediately. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers Crownan, it'll prob be easier to take an entire set up from people too rather than just the dragon, right time to go a hunting!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Awesome! Good luck :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts