Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was flicking through the classifieds looking for royal morphs and asked this bloke for a price list, this is what he sent back

Hello there,
thanks for the mail.below is a clue of our price list.
ALBINO BALL PYTHONS.......................250
CARAMEL BALL PYTHON......................300
NORMAL...............................................75
BLACK PASTEL....................................150
PASTEL JUNGLE...................................150
PIEBALD................................................400
GHOSTS.................................................150
BLOOD PYTHONS.....................................150
BURMESE PYTHON...................................150
CARPET PYTHON......................................130
ROCK PYTHON..........................................100
SPIDER BALL PYTHON...............................150
ROYAL........................................................300
SNOW BALL.................................................225
Waiting for your response.thanks.

whats that all about? 100% scam?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nail on the head 100% scam to be sure say you wont pay until you have received them then he will change his tune.

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
I'll take 10 albino royals, and 10 piebalds too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well here's an update. im still speaking to him via email and i said to him,how will i no for definate that i will recieve my snake? and i also asked if he could send the snake then i will pay when recieved. he said i would have to provide my full contact address and where my nearest airport was so it could be flew in from camaroon. he even attatched his cities document that is registered in his name that makes him able to send reptiles abroad legally.and it also says he is a registered breeder to.these people are good lol. im now speaking to another man from spain about some female albinos and they are 800 euros. i no thats still cheap but he has sent me pics when i have asked for them and they do seem pretty genuine.but still you never no do you.

G

·
no...really i do know.....they will change how their going to do it at the last minuite.

i bet my life on it,that its a scam...heard it all before.

Dont waste your time on these idiots!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
oster101 said:
well here's an update. im still speaking to him via email and i said to him,how will i no for definate that i will recieve my snake? and i also asked if he could send the snake then i will pay when recieved. he said i would have to provide my full contact address and where my nearest airport was so it could be flew in from camaroon. he even attatched his cities document that is registered in his name that makes him able to send reptiles abroad legally.and it also says he is a registered breeder to.these people are good lol. im now speaking to another man from spain about some female albinos and they are 800 euros. i no thats still cheap but he has sent me pics when i have asked for them and they do seem pretty genuine.but still you never no do you.
Strange, still seems abit wierd, maye he is doing it so he seems ligit then you pay the money for shipping, so that's how your out of pocket. Also the spain one is a 100% scam. DO NOT FALL FOR EITHER

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just heard back from the spain bloke and i said to him about my concern for scams etc and this is what i got back

I understand your concern about internet scams and the need to be skeptical when buying over the internet.
Algeciras Reptile Garden is responsible for selling excess snakes from the Zoos in Spain and also snakes from University Reseach programs..
Alternatively,if you have a friend at your country's embassy here in Spain,he can come over to our office and help you out with the bookings.
Michael.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
what site is this from?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i cant remember of the top of my head,i was just flicking through classifieds and found ball python morphs available,email me for a price list. and thats what i got back.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
i'd be careful with them. I'm guessing you don't have a friend in the embassy, which is what they will have guessed, but probably said this to try and add extra comfort into the equation, and leed you astray.. if i were you and this is what you wanted.. go over and personally visit these people.. at least then the worst you get for your money is a holiday.. and the best that can happen is you end up with really cheap morph's and a holiday... i am very doubtful that zoo's, and university's would fund royal python morph's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol well just found out it was a scam! went to a website that named and shamed scammers.first he said he was from spain and apparently he tells people he is from the us. i think i would only ever use breeders in the uk its just to risky buying anything abroad.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
or go with reputable breeders abroad?

I was interested in doing the abroad thing myself, but didn't know where to get info on importing.. i did a little bit of research, and found i might need an import license (where do you get this? i read i might need to go on a course to get one of these?).. and sort paper work out for CITIES? I'm not sure what goes into that either... so i quickly turned my nose up at it, and chose the easy route. :D

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
royalpython said:
or go with reputable breeders abroad?

I was interested in doing the abroad thing myself, but didn't know where to get info on importing.. i did a little bit of research, and found i might need an import license (where do you get this? i read i might need to go on a course to get one of these?).. and sort paper work out for CITIES? I'm not sure what goes into that either... so i quickly turned my nose up at it, and chose the easy route. :D
Why couldn't you use a American breeder than can ship internationally then? I had the same idea cause I know a couple of people in florida that have said I'm quite welcome anytime and was gonna take advantage around Tampa Show time.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Why couldn't you use a American breeder than can ship internationally then? I had the same idea cause I know a couple of people in florida that have said I'm quite welcome anytime and was gonna take advantage around Tampa Show time.
Because i don't have an import license and wasn't really sure what to do in order to get one.. i'd been reading a course would be required.. but i haven't a clue.. also never understood what my role in CITIES would be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts