Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Blimey poor little thing being shipped about like that :(

Hope the guy who did it gets a hefty teling off for it - very irresponsible.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
doesnt say it was shipped wrongly, says the tarantula was unharmed, could of been a genuine mistake.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
That story is a year old seen that one before the exact same one cept it wasnt BBC news it was a different news paper but still had pretty much the same bulllsh!t. Love the use of the word "rare" considering how easy they are to get as a pet

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
do they really get to 10 inches?:hmm:
seems a bit of an exaggeration to me

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
It's a newspaper, they're always exaggerated! Recently a G. aureostriata was found and it was a "killer, venomous taranutla!!!" Yea.. really scary lol!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
potentially deadly my arse
haha divint know nowt these papers like do they?? all they need to do, to make the story precisely true is a little bit research flippin idiots:bash::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
yep, eat a dodgey bit of meat and youve had it, so you cannot win can you!!! walk out infront of a bus ya nakad!! lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
come on guys, remember, there was someone from the media here a few months ago asking about this tortoise in a pool..
and to be fair, a dodgy peice of meat wont kill you. if you're allergic to that venom, most probably will if you dont get to hospital in time..

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
come on guys, remember, there was someone from the media here a few months ago asking about this tortoise in a pool..
and to be fair, a dodgy peice of meat wont kill you. if you're allergic to that venom, most probably will if you dont get to hospital in time..
a dodgy piece of white meat could and has killed people

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
I thought it was a pretty accurate story except for the 10" part.

it only says "potentially dangerous" and does clarify that "it could be fatal if it is given to someone who has an allergic reaction. "

It's a news story, they have to make it interesting somehow.. we know the news isn't accurate anyway.

Can't believe you can get arrested for it though - it's not illegal to send spiders, it's not like you can treat it as though they sent a bomb! He could just argue it was a "gift", as lots of people keep them as pets.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I thought they were CITIES III not II

I like how it says ends in 2 claws
Ok I know they DO
but they are teeny wee!
Now there is gonna be people running around saying tarantulas have HUUUGE deadly claws on their paws.
Cuz people are like that.

I find tarantula feet are more like little velvety slippers :D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
are they cities listed?? i thought they werent that bad off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts