Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i also saw one like this 4 a BD a few months back......i cant belive people do it though.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You cant, The only livestock you can sell are fish, seafood for human consumption and crickets/worms for animal feed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just noticed theres only one viv included..so they might be housed together..hm and i dont like the fact u can bid on them..id never do that 2 my leos..

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
I know it's against ebay policy and what not but I don't honestly see that it's much different than any classified site out there. The bidding parts different but you could do a buy it now - like a classified!!

yes, yes against the rules but you get where I'm going lol

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I know it's against ebay policy and what not but I don't honestly see that it's much different than any classified site out there. The bidding parts different but you could do a buy it now - like a classified!!

yes, yes against the rules but you get where I'm going lol
The difference with eBay and any online classfieds is that with eBay there is a contractual obligation for the buyer to buy and the seller to sell to the winning bidder. With classifieds it's up to the seller whether he/she wants to sell and can vet potential buyers.
I see the seller has zero feedback so perhaps it's a new account not to be banned by eBay or take negative feedback on their main account.
Graham.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
The ad has been removed.

The difference between selling on here and Ebay is that most people on here know at least something about keeping reps whereas any Tom, Dick or Harry will buy on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Anyone can open an account here though too, many people just register to use the classifieds.

Yes Graham, I think that is the difference, normal classifieds you can turn them down.

But in itself it's no difference than here, admart, adtrader etc

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
> The only livestock you can sell are fish, seafood for
> human consumption and crickets/worms for animal
> feed.

And axolotls apparently. I alerted them to one for sale and they left it on. I explicitly told them it was an amphibian, not a fish or an invertegrate.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i dont see how this is bad. there for sale yes, on ebay. but it's collection, the man only want experienced reptile keepers and he's only advertising. its not like he's putting it through the letterbox. looks healthy too.
aye thats what i thought, but it is againt ebay rules i got barred for doing the same thing oooppppssss :blush:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts