Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a yellow-bellied terrapin. I have done lots of research into them, and understand what is involved. I have a lot of the things already for the set up.
Could anyone give me any advise at all?
Look forward to hearing from anyone
Thanks
Michelle

·
Registered
10 Posts
imo but not ime, as I have just started off with these very same personable creatures:

Once you have their environment sorted as best as you can afford (effort and cost), the next thing to realise is their diet. So, the first thing you might want to do is to list what you plan on using with them (tank size/dimensions, heater, light system, layout of aquarium, etc). Secondly, pick up a good care sheet and work out what foods are best for them, isolating the treats and feed them those on the odd occasion.

I am certain others can identify other things you need to think and deal with but keep in mind the hygeine factor, which is the only other major factor I can think of, right now!

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Michelle,

Michelle2506 said:
sorry what do u mean by that??
In my opinion but not in my experience (i.e. as much as I understood things from research). Sorry for any confusion.

Michelle2506 said:
You say you have just got some. How do you find them??
I've only had mine for a little while but they are personable and relatively easy to care for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts