Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend shops or breeders for boscs ??

·
Registered
457 Posts
erm will be very hard pressed to find a breeder seeing as no one really breeds them

most shops should be able to get cf or wc easily though

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why no breeders????

is it difficult ??

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
fixx has bred boscs before, dont know if she does it often but im pretty sure she said she's done it.

i wouldnt mind doing it myself but they're hard to sex and the female requires quite some depth of burrowing substrate!

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I wouldn't normally recommend any shop but the one by me has boscs for £40. but I have seen them similar priced elsewhere as well.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
not sure on bosc or any monitor breeders but stick a post in teh classified that you want one and someone may reply?

·
Registered
457 Posts
yeah cb bred is possible just very hard and its not done very often

i dont know of any successful continual breeders

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well so far i have found a CB06 but its in chesterfield and a CR06 one at cotswold reptile centre, anybody know of any more??

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i paid £50 for my bosc because I got its viv with it so overall i paid £250. alone he shouldve been £80. Ive seen them cheaper but I was quite happy to get him at this price and he didn't take too long to tame down and still doesnt show agression much, though he has his odd mood swings :p

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
can you tell me were you found this captive bred bosc as i live in chesterfield and the only place i can think of is the mill garden centre which is brilliant for reps i might add

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it was the mill web site, says they have some, i rang just before christmas but the person i needed to speak to was busy and they never got back to me, i asked if they did have any and they said yes so u should go and have a look, too far for me. they're still on the website tho

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i saw two in there last week there just under 2 foot im going tomorrow to pick up some food for my tegu ill ask if theyre captive bred they do look very nice they were layed on top of each other and werent hideing which is a good sign

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Blazey said:
fixx has bred boscs before, dont know if she does it often but im pretty sure she said she's done it.
Chelle you have GOT to get it into your head that Fixx is a man
:lol: :lol: He's called Ray :wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
martin day said:
i saw two in there last week there just under 2 foot im going tomorrow to pick up some food for my tegu ill ask if theyre captive bred they do look very nice they were layed on top of each other and werent hideing which is a good sign
would there be any problems trying to tame a 2 footer, is it easier to get a baby?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
my bosc wasnt a baby when i got him and he's only bit me once and thats cuz i touched his sore toe. the experience i had when boscs came into the pet shop where i used to work is that they were sickly little things, CF, that didnt last very long.

Tried to force feed them but they werent having any of it so i had to let nature run its course which is a great shame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts