Reptile Forums banner

looking for ideas for wet hides & lay boxes for leos

814 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Higgt4 
#1 ·
I currently use livefood tubs with holes in either end with a bit of wet towel for my leos, but they're not very good (or nice to look at)
so I'm looking for ideas and because I intend to breed next year, I'm also looking for ideas for layboxes too

any pics or descriptions of your wethides and/or layboxes and what's in them would be very useful to me and my leos

Cheers : victory:

#2 ·
I use an old flora tub for a moist hide, its perfect for holding the moisture, I used to use an old cricket box but found that they dry fast and hard to hold the moisture.
May be worth looking on sites for some boxes, but why spend £10-20 on something which can be re-used and is a good alternative.

#3 ·
I use lunch boxes and i cut a big hole out of the top and then smoothed the edges.

The geckos can comfortably turn around etc and there is plenty of room for more than one gecko.

#5 ·
I did it so that no substrate or eggs could be spilled out.

Thats the only reason i chose to do it.

#6 ·
I'd say yes if you intend to put a lot of substance in the box, incase of laying. Just remember not to have it to high so the gecko can't get out.

For a moist hide I'd have it along the size somewhere.

#8 ·
How does that make sense, surely if you have more substrate then it will be easier to get out?

If i could change one thing i would put the hole at the end of the lid rather than the middle just to make it easier for the geckos but they still get in and out fine.

And I use the exo terra soil stuff that comes in a brick but i guess any soil will do. One of my females has moss though as she tried to eat soil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.