Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, on the lookout for Imperators. Quite surprised by the lack of them these days, understandable because of the export ban but would’ve thought the hobbyists would’ve managed to of set up some CB breeding by now.

I unfortunately missed out on the last lot a long time ago and regretted it ever since. So wondering if anybody knows of any guaranteed imperators available in the hobby. I would like to set up a breeding programme to help get these awesome little buggers back in numbers (fingers crossed)

They would need to be posted/couriered to me and would accept any age but prefer juvenile or larger due to identification issues. Please let me know if anybody knows anything, it would be greatly appreciated :jump:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Cb young become available from time to time . At last years BTS I was shocked to discover an adult female is now £95 to buy . That***8217;s a good place to look they are there but expensive , not that far off now either . It was inevitable , massively over collected for a very long time . Definately need more effort in captive breeding them I agree

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cb young become available from time to time . At last years BTS I was shocked to discover an adult female is now £95 to buy . That***8217;s a good place to look they are there but expensive , not that far off now either . It was inevitable , massively over collected for a very long time . Definately need more effort in captive breeding them I agree
That’s good that people are actually successfully breeding them, I can’t say I’ve seen any for sale for a good 4 years now... must just be very unlucky and missing the adverts.
I would love to get to a show but sadly can’t make any in present circumstances, would be just my luck for some to show up there.

Yeah they were a must have for a looong time but every time I see people asking for them they just want 1 or seem to have no interest in breeding.. I could be wrong. Would love to see then about like they were several years ago :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I***8217;ve just remembered I***8217;m pretty sure there was an add on here selling babies a few weeks back . Ad shouldn***8217;t be hard to find as very few ads are placed each week these days . Also at the show there was quite a few signs up asking for breeding sized adults on the traders tables . Hopefully in a few years time things will start to look up . Heterometrus species are a very good alternative scorpion in my opinion , not only are there a good number of different species available now , there relatively easy to breed . And hopefully in the future there will be no further need to import them . Even though there are more than one Heterometrus species available ,the collection of the species in the wild can***8217;t be sustainable forever . I***8217;ve heard noises about some of these species being captive farmed , which all helps ( if it***8217;s true )

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I***8217;ve just remembered I***8217;m pretty sure there was an add on here selling babies a few weeks back . Ad shouldn***8217;t be hard to find as very few ads are placed each week these days . Also at the show there was quite a few signs up asking for breeding sized adults on the traders tables . Hopefully in a few years time things will start to look up . Heterometrus species are a very good alternative scorpion in my opinion , not only are there a good number of different species available now , there relatively easy to breed . And hopefully in the future there will be no further need to import them . Even though there are more than one Heterometrus species available ,the collection of the species in the wild can***8217;t be sustainable forever . I***8217;ve heard noises about some of these species being captive farmed , which all helps ( if it***8217;s true )
Yeah I've kept all kinds of Heterometrus, was quite a fan of the Laoticus I used to have so not opposed to an alternative however I'm more than happy to wait in the hopes of finding some Imperators again. I saw one post but it was for collection only on the south coast, think the scorplings ad was an old one from 2009 if we're thinking of the same one

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had some for sale but there were sold a few weeks ago. Think they were unsexed juves for about £40 each and some sub adults for a little bit more.

I suspect they will start to come back to the market once they are farmed over in Africa rather than just being pulled out the ground.

They do come up for sale occasionally but tend to sell fast. I have spent far too many journeys to pick them up only to get there and see that they were not emperors but Asian Forests.

They are great scorpions when you see them but I am lucky if I see any of mine more than once a week - they tend to dig and hide. When I pulled the juves out of their tank I hadnt seen any of them for a couple of months but they were still there.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I remember you saying in our PMs, I suppose the only thing to ask is that if anybody sees any available and of course isn't after them for themselves.. could they please let me know :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts