Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people i had my ad on here yday saying about diffrent bearded dragons and what not and a man called mark french write to me and said he wants to buy bulk and everthink and then we got talking and he said he would buy everthink for £2000 so he came all the way down from north to leave a £150 dep when he got here he only had £100 and he wanted to take 25 babys of me and i was like yh but how do i no you wont go of and not give me the rest nanana i wouldnt do that so i let hiv 25 baby bearded dragons for £100 then today he rang me and said he ant paying the rest and everthink as the babys are eatting each other i said that ant my falt that was all good when i had them and everthink but no about 10 was eatten and i cant c that my self so all im saying is dont do any deal with the man called mark french he owns snakes4u I WOULD WARN YOU AS HE WANTS THE BEST DEALS GOING AS HE SAID HE WAS OPENING A SHOP BUT THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME SO MIGHT NOT BE TRUE

·
5,234 Posts
So let me get this right, a member on here paid you £100 for 25 baby bearded dragons (£4 each) with the promise that he would give you a balance of £1900 later?

This seems odd for start, but I don't know what "everything" entails, so this may have been a fair offer. But really, letting them go was probably not your best move. He seems to be online now though...

I assume you still have his mobile number, and location?

Andy

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Why did you let him have the 25??? Him turning up with less money than he was supposed to for the deposit and asking to take 25 beardies there and then would have set alarm bells ringing pretty loudly for me. Sounds like you've walked very easily into being duped!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yh i no

yh i no where he lives and everthink and yh he is online now but i really didnt this he would be the type i said 20 and then he was like iv came all the way down he and things like that but the deal was he was not ment take anythink and just give me 150 but he seemed ok but i thought i would warn you all coz he looks for very good deals and anythink he can get his hand on

·
Banned
375 Posts
hi people i had my ad on here yday saying about diffrent bearded dragons and what not and a man called mark french write to me and said he wants to buy bulk and everthink and then we got talking and he said he would buy everthink for £2000 so he came all the way down from north to leave a £150 dep when he got here he only had £100 and he wanted to take 25 babys of me and i was like yh but how do i no you wont go of and not give me the rest nanana i wouldnt do that so i let hiv 25 baby bearded dragons for £100 then today he rang me and said he ant paying the rest and everthink as the babys are eatting each other i said that ant my falt that was all good when i had them and everthink but no about 10 was eatten and i cant c that my self so all im saying is dont do any deal with the man called mark french he owns snakes4u I WOULD WARN YOU AS HE WANTS THE BEST DEALS GOING AS HE SAID HE WAS OPENING A SHOP BUT THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME SO MIGHT NOT BE TRUE

Fair enough, you shouldn't have let him have them but by looking at your pictures you had too many babies in one viv, so yeah they will have been eating each other which means they would be less in value because they haven't been keep at tip top shape. Isn't £2000 a bit much for 25 baby bearded dragons?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi

i had 40 babys in 3 ft by 2 ft by 2ft and only 5 had a fight in 3 weeks so no bad and he had 25 of them in big tub and with food in it so i cant c 10 dieing and na lol he was going to buy the lot for 2000 lol but deep down i new this was going to happen but i thought i would try to trust some 1 lol and he worked out to be about £4 a baby he had but money gets to some people​

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
So let me see if I understand....

• He wanted to buy all your babies, and adults and equipment for £2000?
  • He came down to put a deposit down and inspect the animals?
  • He wanted to take all the babies to begin with?
  • He now doesnt want all the rest of your animals and will keep the babies for the £100 he gave you?
Sounds to me like he was only after the babies for a low low price all along, and fabricated the rest of the story, otherwise he would still be coming back to buy the rest of your animals for the agreed price.

Personally his classified ads dont quite sit right with me, after anything at low prices with no indication as to what he wants to actually do with them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Terry, that is too many babies for a 3ft viv. I would imagine the guy had no intention of buying everything but new he could persuade 25 babies from you by promising to buy everything.

I really think you need to have a long hard think about what your plans are, because it seems you are constantly trying to sell beardies aswell as buy them. They are animals, they are living beings and so far almost every post of yours has been about making quick money.

·
Banned
375 Posts
i had 40 babys in 3 ft by 2 ft by 2ft and only 5 had a fight in 3 weeks so no bad and he had 25 of them in big tub and with food in it so i cant c 10 dieing and na lol he was going to buy the lot for 2000 lol but deep down i new this was going to happen but i thought i would try to trust some 1 lol and he worked out to be about £4 a baby he had but money gets to some people​

You said 10 were bitten not 10 died? Get your story straight. Also that is too many babies in one viv, I would never dream of putting so many babies together, you can get alsorts of problems and you can't always be watching them.

To be honest someone that is trying to setup a shop would probably try and buy babies for £4 so they can make profit.

I guess this teaches you for next time. :whip:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
You lot can actually understand what the original poster is writing? :gasp:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k

yh i this he was only wanted the babys and yh thats what he was looking at more than anythink and bite and dead thats what he said to me so i dont want change what he as said to me and yh i was and am getting the viv sorted i need to move my bearded dragons around and babys in 4ft by 2 ft by 2ft

·
Banned
375 Posts
yh i this he was only wanted the babys and yh thats what he was looking at more than anythink and bite and dead thats what he said to me so i dont want change what he as said to me and yh i was and am getting the viv sorted i need to move my bearded dragons around and babys in 4ft by 2 ft by 2ft
Yeah but I wouldn't have more than 10 babies together, they will fight. Especially for basking spots

·
Banned
375 Posts
the babys are 3 weeks old yh and only 5 as had a fight and that was over food nothink else and its right when people say yh i wouldnt do that or this but when the time comes if you cant do anythink else you would do tand plus ever 1 ****s up now and again so please dont start on me when bet all of you have ****ed up more than ones with your reptiles???????????????????????????????

Do you not have anything you can seperate them into? Nothing at all? I don't want to have a huge go but maybe you should have thought about seperating them when you started breeding.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yh

at the time when there hatched there was in a 4ft viv but then my male and female started fighting so i had to move the babys in to a smaller viv so i could part the other 2 but give me a day or 2 and there will be in a 4ft viv again

·
Registered
877 Posts
Theres a couple of people I noticed in classifieds asking for bulk lizards, and are asking for anything:gasp: No explanation as to why.....Which worries me, I certainly wont be offering anything to people like that. Thats not a dig at you Terry1994...I saw this thread, and it was just an opening to say what i felt, and just that people need to be careful. As reptilelady said, lizards are beings, but I guess some people just see £ signs :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi

Hi
i no what you mean and i have just looked at wated and the person who done me over ( mark french ) he is on there saying wanted so it just sums him up and i love my bearded dragons but i do want to start agin in morphs but he as just taken my trust so i will not be trusting any 1 else but i can not see 10 babys dieing or all hurt when 40 of them lived together for 3 weeks?????????

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Basically you have learned a lesson in life there, not to trust people you hardly know. We all have had to go through something where people have done you out of some money. Learn from it and move on. While you will be pretty annoyed that you didnt get what you thought they were worth, atleast you wont have to spend any more on them. As if you had held them until you got the sort of price you wanted, they may well have eaten their way through the extra cash.

But I have to say that you should have been better prepared for babies, even if your adults wernt getting on and you had to separate them. From what I understand you shouldnt keep more than 5 babies together, so really even before they even hatched you should have gone out and got afew extra vivs. But you will learn for next time, if there is a next time.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,602 Posts
And you want to open a reptile shop????????:gasp:

I think you have a LOT of learning to do first Terry. Just a shame for you AND the beardies that you have had to learn the hard way.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts